IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Watch what you ask for...
...cause if the Flyers had a class goaltender they'd also have 3 or 4 cups over the past 6 years.

Instead...they hit a hot goaltender early in the playoffs and the one soft goal allowed per game costs them the early series.

The Detroit Cup...however...would have stayed the same way...that team was just really damned good.

If Roman Cechmanek plays like he did before the injury (opening of the season)...the rest of the league may be in trouble. He did stop 35 last night and help them win one they deserved to lose.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Ha! Clarke will step aside before they win a Cup
He's had every opportunity to sign a real number one goalie. He could have gotten Joseph but didn't pony up enough money. He could have traded for Hasek though I can't stand how he plays (The Flopinator.) They even could have quietly thrown a lot of money at St. Patrick before he resigned with the Avs. Clarke knows that trying to get by without a bonafide number one goalie rarely works. Detroit of course with Osgood was an exception. No need to explain that one. :-)

I'm not so sure that signing Belfour during the offseason would be a good idea. I've never really liked how he plays nor his temper. They wouldn't gain much with Richter either IMO.
lister
New Joseph was a big issue...
...here in Philly. Everyone was pissed that they didn't fork over the cash.

Bigger issue...not that they don't have good goaltenders (not great...but good)...its this "rotation" that he's tried to get away with. Both guys have low goals against averages...but not committing till season end doesn't allow one to hit stride by playoff time.

My hope is that Roman can pull himself together...and last night was a good start...the defense let him down (repeatedly) and he still pulled off a shutout.

Clarkie's a jerk.

New Re: Joseph was a big issue...
I've never been a big fan of a goaltending tandem. The big guy should get the lion share of games while the backup is there for breather fill-in time. It's almost like the Flyers are giving each guy an opportunity and hope one runs with the ball. Neither of whom really seem to want it or are capable of being the number one guy on a team like the Flyers.

In the end though I've got to cheer for the Senators to win even though I can't stand the team much. Same goes for Montreal and Vancouver. (Canadian thing, sorry. We haven't had a Canadian Stanley Cup winner since Montreal in 1993. It cheeses us to no end when you guys win it. The early '90s was a bit of a shock for me when there wasn't even a Canadian club in the final.)

I was watching that TSN interview when Clarke said that Neilson went "goofy" and that "we didn't tell him to go get cancer." My mouth just dropped in amazement. I mean I'm not a big fan of how Neilson coaches (boring!) or his public religious stuff (commercials) but that was just an awful thing to say and do to the guy. I'll be a little amused when what goes around comes around for Clarke.
lister
New Re: Joseph was a big issue...
I'll be a little amused when what goes around comes around for Clarke.,/i>

So will most of the sports fans in Philadelphia.

Ah the best time of the year is upon us - (lister) - (13)
         Let the Second Season begin! - (Yendor) - (3)
             The *REAL* season - (lister) - (2)
                 Re: The *REAL* season - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Bad teams - (lister)
         Jaws cracking with yawning - (wharris2) - (8)
             Oh go away - (lister) - (7)
                 what about the goali down here? Habi(lotsa fkbulanyn?) -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     Nikolai Khabibulin - (lister) - (5)
                         Watch what you ask for... - (bepatient) - (4)
                             Ha! Clarke will step aside before they win a Cup - (lister) - (3)
                                 Joseph was a big issue... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     Re: Joseph was a big issue... - (lister) - (1)
                                         Re: Joseph was a big issue... - (bepatient)

All you need is the GRR Memorial Secret Decoder Ring, and the translation is easy!
47 ms