IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah, all dem gubmint bureaucrats are gonna strangle us...
http://krugman.blogs...en-more-teachers/

Cheers,
Scott.
New dont doubt it
We pay a huarge amount per pupil and get nothing in return. After 2 of 3 kids going thru "public schools" both had to get an external source of education because of the fact that schools have fuckall to do with education but are a government sponsored daycare system do get the children to be used to the cycle of poverty jail and direct government control of their daily lives
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New You're right!!!11
Privatizing the prisons has been a great success story. No doubt we'll have similar advances in cost efficiency, effectiveness, and social impact when the public schools are gone, too.

Of course things would be even better if all the kids were home-schooled. It's much more efficient to do that. It would have the benefit reducing the unemployment rate, too. After all, a woman's place is in the home. No doubt the economy would boom then, what with the lower taxes and all.

Right?

</snark>

:-/

Believe it or not, we have experience with not having public schools. Things weren't so great back then, and there's a reason why public schools were created. http://en.wikipedia....of_public_schools Social goods are not 100% economically efficient, but they have benefits that don't show up in a spreadsheet...

We don't spend too much on primary and secondary public schools - http://www.oecd.org/...1/17/48630884.pdf (page 227 of 8 page PDF). The US spends a lot on colleges and universities, but we get a lot of benefits from that investment (or did in the past - we're eating our seed-corn now...).

If your schools have issues, cutting their funding isn't going to fix them. And doing without will make things worse. You fix problems by fixing them (not finding sound-bite scapegoats) and that often costs money.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
     America’s Hidden Austerity Program - (lincoln) - (14)
         question for you - (boxley) - (13)
             have the GOP cut the Pentagon budget - (lincoln) - (2)
                 sure, but you were talking state and local -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: have the GOP cut the Pentagon budget - (dmcarls)
             My guess would be - (jake123) - (5)
                 Ding ding ding! -NT - (drook)
                 GMTA. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 detroit is not growing - (boxley) - (2)
                     Move the top marginal tax rate back to 92%. That'll help. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         sure it will, lets just confiscate any assets over $200k - (boxley)
             Population growth. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Yeah, all dem gubmint bureaucrats are gonna strangle us... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 dont doubt it - (boxley) - (1)
                     You're right!!!11 - (Another Scott)

* tilly wonders what the upper limit on the length of a /topic is.
* tilly suspects that we are about to find out.
42 ms