IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which one did the MSNBC Lycoris review use?
It was a Compaq Somethingorother, and the review said Lycoris detected everything without drama. Of course since I'm biased I'd recommend an iBook and damn the consequences - it's already an upgrade from Windows :-)

On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Re: Which one did the MSNBC Lycoris review use?
My work laptop is a Compaq Armada E500. Runs Linux(I've had 4 different distros on it) just fine, with all hardware, although I did have to get the Lucent winmodem driver from linmodems.org. I *think* there's a game/midi port on the docking station, but I'll have to check that out tomorrow. It does have USB, PS2, Parallel, serial, and VGA ports on the back though, and built in 10/100 NIC and modem on the side.

It's a pretty decent machine, actually. I'm not a Compaq fan by any means, but this has been a good, reliable machine thus far (about 18 months of service).

Currently, it's SuSE 7.3/Win2K dual boot. And, I've not even RRR'd doze since the 2K install. (Came with ME, ran it for a week, wiped and installed 2K, installed XP a short time later, ran it for a month and went back to 2K).

-----
Steve
     Laptop for educational purposes - (Steven A S) - (4)
         Which one did the MSNBC Lycoris review use? - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Re: Which one did the MSNBC Lycoris review use? - (Steve Lowe)
         Thinkpad - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             2nd vote for IBM or Compaq Armada - (bepatient)

I'm reconciled to the existence of idiots in the world, but I'm bitterly resentful of whoever it was who first thought to make computer technology available to them.
47 ms