IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not a distraction at all
its now pretty much the core of the discussion, as I've already agreed dividends are not double taxed.

And no, it wasn't worth a column...especially one that made no new points in the discussion.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Yes
Whether it's worth a column is exactly the core of the discussion. It was my point. I raised it. That's what I'm discussing.

You want to argue about what "support" means. You want to simply re-assert your original claim that it wasn't worth a column.

As long as people keep re-asserting the same false claims, someone needs to keep refuting them.
--

Drew
New Then you shouldn't
have said this...

"People you support keep making stupid arguments that are easily refuted, but columnists shouldn't take the time or space to actually refute them."

You brought up the support aspect, which I challenged...and have not linked to a current argument about this particular taxation point, the entire basis for which you say a current column is relevant.

a google search of "double taxation in republican debates" leads only to a post where Cain's 9-9-9 plan is defended AGAINST claims that Romney made that his plan layered taxes.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New That's interesting
After trying twice to qualify what "support" means, you just offered up the Republican debates. It seems you know what "support" means after all.
--

Drew
New Pedantic
your assumption, as usual, was just that. And you used that assumption to make a point. And, as I've now shown you, both your assumption AND your point were incorrect.

New Okay, you win
You're willing to move the goalposts more than I'm willing to chase them.
--

Drew
New I didn't move anything
you said that "everyone is saying it" and so it needed a column. Turns out, no one is currently saying it. Bother for you.
New Yes, "everyone", that's just what I said
--

Drew
New ok, nit correction
people I support, with the direct assumption that those would be Republicans. Believe follow on included members of Congress.

If you show me 3 quotes from within the last month from candidates (R or D) or congressmen mentioning dividends being double taxed, I'll concede. Otherwise...
New This enough?
http://abcnews.go.co...ght-on-substance/

http://www.decodedsc...sals-decoded/5519

http://online.wsj.co...560162304238.html

There was only 5900 articles in the last month regarding this. Searching in News for the last month and for the following:

"Double Taxation" Republican Candidate
Expand Edited by folkert Nov. 29, 2011, 08:39:35 AM EST
New Nope...reason
First one is on Cain's plan and the critique of it.

Second one I'm inclined to grant credit for, though it does not contain a quote of Newt saying this.

Third is about elimination of tax on repatriated earnings...which is double taxation and keeps capital out of the country.
New I just picked the first three that came up...
Seriously there was over 5900 *unique* articles, you expect me to go through even a hundred to gather things up for you to refute your mantra?

Sorry Beep... you can do your own work.
New You were doing drooks work, not mine
Expand Edited by beepster Nov. 29, 2011, 05:24:46 PM EST
New how about something not written by the attack left?
the first link contains so many inaccuracies it could have been written by the whitehouse
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Re: how about something not written by the attack left?
The first one isn't even about the subject at hand...its about the layering of taxes that is supposed to happen under Cain's 9-9-9 plan. Has nothing to do with investment taxes and/or repatriation taxes.
     Dean Baker on corporate taxes. - (Another Scott) - (32)
         why would it be anything else? - (boxley)
         Interesting? Not very... - (beepster) - (28)
             So that argument *doesn't* keep coming up? - (drook) - (27)
                 what makes you think that class understands incorporation? -NT - (boxley)
                 Re: So that argument *doesn't* keep coming up? - (beepster) - (25)
                     Ahh, got it - (drook) - (24)
                         partially correct - (boxley)
                         Want to give some examples? - (beepster) - (22)
                             Google "double taxation" - (drook) - (21)
                                 I did, this may help explain your confusion - (boxley) - (3)
                                     I'm not confused - (drook) - (2)
                                         thread started with an article - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Look what I replied to - (drook)
                                 Hmm - (beepster) - (16)
                                     Article was on "double taxation" - (drook) - (15)
                                         Not a distraction at all - (beepster) - (14)
                                             Yes - (drook) - (13)
                                                 Then you shouldn't - (beepster) - (12)
                                                     That's interesting - (drook) - (11)
                                                         Pedantic - (beepster) - (10)
                                                             Okay, you win - (drook) - (9)
                                                                 I didn't move anything - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                     Yes, "everyone", that's just what I said -NT - (drook) - (7)
                                                                         ok, nit correction - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                             This enough? - (folkert) - (5)
                                                                                 Nope...reason - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                                     I just picked the first three that came up... - (folkert) - (1)
                                                                                         You were doing drooks work, not mine -NT - (beepster)
                                                                                 how about something not written by the attack left? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                     Re: how about something not written by the attack left? - (beepster)
         Dean Baker wants to bail out europe using the Fed - (boxley) - (1)
             Did you read all the way to the end? - (drook)