IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Amazing...
Given that I agree he is bright. (He's got a BA in Math and a Master's in Comp Sci.)

Yes, he had a real job running Pizza shops. (And that ended when again? 1996, right?)

But he's an empty suit (imo) because I suspect he's espousing positions and values he doesn't understand or necessarily agree with.

(ie: I think the moat, electric fence and pro-life issues are only the tip of the iceberg....things will get worse)
New Dont forget chairman of a regional fed
Dunno about the positions, he has a long public record of his positions
http://www.wsbradio.com/s/cain/
some show archives at the bottom
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Horse's mouth, and some on his Godfather's history.
And 8 honorary PhDs! http://004eeb5.netsolhost.com/hc104.htm

From March 17, 2008:
Maybe I was a vice president of a Fortune 500 company, the president of a 700-unit pizza restaurant chain, the president of a major national business association, the recipient of eight honorary doctorate degrees, and now a prime-time radio talk show host on a major radio station in one of the biggest markets in the country, all because a black man’s time had come.

http://004eeb5.netsolhost.com/hc109.htm

From April 21, 2008:
Of course you can find some reports that downplay the economic expansion of the last six years, but they have to dig really deep to construct some irrelevant factual basis for their view. As usual, the New York Times provided that conspicuously negative and irrelevant view in David Leonhardt’s April 9 piece titled “For Many, a Boom That Wasn’t.”

Leonhardt had to compare the median family income in 2000 of $61,000 to the median family income in 2007 of $60,500 to try to support his point. What he did not tell the readers was that most of the families at the median income in 2000 had moved up to a higher level of income by the time 2007 rolled around.

The most egregious part of this consistent Democratic deception is that they never offer a better idea or plan. They just want to raise taxes and get elected by their Kool-Aid drinkers and anyone gullible enough to swallow their persistent lies about the economy.

So $60,500 is really more than $61,000. See? Don't let the actual definition of median confuse you.

http://004eeb5.netsolhost.com/hc102.htm

From March 3, 2008:
The media’s factually unsubstantiated claims of an impending recession have been going on for over a year. Now, some of the “media elites” have gone one step further and made comparisons of current economic conditions to the Great Depression (Nathan Burchfiel, Business and Media Institute, 2-27-08).

A typical example is Charles Gibson of ABC’s World News Tonight when he reported on January 24, 2008 that the median price of a home in 2007 dropped 2 percent. His editorial comment was that “It’s the first time prices have gone down over a whole year since the Great Depression.”

The Great Depression was the time period from 1929 to 1940. So it was 68 years ago that the median price of a home decreased year over year. During those 68 years, we have been in a World War and several other wars, and we are in a war against Islamic fascism today. We had a real recession in the 1970s and a short one to start the 21st Century.

That single data point of 2 percent for 2007 compared with 2006 should have us shaking in our economic boots. Paul and Pamela Pitiful need to start stocking up on canned goods, putting some cash money under their mattress in small bills and quietly liquidating their stock market holdings, because food shortages, massive unemployment, bank failures and a stock market crash are just around the corner in the news media’s lens.

Don't let the fact that things are already so bad that housing prices declined for a year for the first time since the Great Depression, the numbers don't matter. What matters is not being a whiner and not let anything get in the way of Republican dogma. Ya hear?

And so forth.

I can't read his mind. I don't know how smart he is. I only can read what he writes and hear what he says. He writes and says idiotic things.

He doesn't have universal praise for his time at Godfather's either - http://jayraskin.wor...rs-pizzas-part-2/

Note Cain’s goal to increase sales by 10% over the next three years and make a profit in 1987. Sales fell over the nest three years from $275 million in 1986 to $260 million in 1987 to 242.5 million in 1988. We may presume that the company was not profitable in 1987 and that is the main reason Pillsbury put the company up for sale in 1988. They had given Cain his shot and he had failed to turn the company around or to bring about the profits they had expected. They obviously did not think that Cain was going to turn the company around anytime in the near future.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New very good, take the time to learn then condemn
So when do we get obama's uni records? :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Eh?
New I worked with a guy years ago
No matter what the conversation, he had a distraction to confuse you, would ramble about it, and when you were appropriately confused he'd hit you with a line of quick bullshit that you weren't prepared to answer. He'd end the conversation and move on to the next subject, assuming agreement.

We called it "See the pretty bird".

Hold you hand out far away from your body.
Look at it.
Say: "See the pretty bird" a few times.
As the person starts to look at you extended hand, smack him across the back of the head with the stick that you have in your other hand.

Box, you got a pretty bird but no stick.
New record, as in on the
cain has one that goers back years and is very public
what little obama has is guarded like the last virgin in cherry hill
New Spouting pablum in a column isn't a "record".
Or at least not much of one.

Obama has a voting record in the IL Senate and US Senate. He's written 2 books on his life and been subject of several others. There have been major stories about his life, votes, and policies in major newspapers and magazines. He's given long interviews.

He's got extensive Wikipedia pages, too.

He's been quite open.

How are his college grades relevant to anything?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Apparently college grades are important
as much was made about Bush and Perry's grades...among others.

I guess it just doesn't count when your chosen.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New In what way, Charlie?
Don't confuse the number of times a talking point is repeated with actual importance.

Bush's grades were part of a piece of the way he talked and the way he attacked the job of president, e.g., http://www.slate.com...d_man.single.html Did his grades tell us anything different about the way he did his job?

Obama's college grades would tell us what, exactly, about him or the way he does his job?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Considering
the current reports that he has closed himself off...I'd say right now they would be particularly relevant and important.

And I really don't expect anything from you except that you will jump to his defense. Regardless of what has been done to others in equal or near position.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New <sigh> In what way, Charlie?
I'd say right now they would be particularly relevant and important.

I ask again - How?

Cheers,
Scott.
New I'll tell you why people care one way or the other
Bush II seemed both STUPID and LAZY.

And people really wanted to know how the hell he got though his college years.

People look at Obama, his history, his books, his accomplishments (that were not driven by a rich connected daddy) and easily see the intelligence. So those for him know it doesn't matter, and those against him are scared, so they'll try to pick apart anything they can.

Sorry. Non issue unless you are looking for some type of smoking gun. If I was him I'd limit it too. Why give the wacko something to pick apart while you were in college?

He's already done the job, judge him on that.
New You mean like how his long form birth certificate
was relevant?

Hawaii released the short form, legally good enough to get a US passport. Unacceptable to the Tea Party and wingnut RepubliCANTs. Then Obama releases the long form birth certificate - and it's STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Hell, just this week Gov. Goodhair was talking to The Donald and then was quoted in an interview that he's still not certain that Obama is really a US citizen. In other words, he's continuing to pander to the stupid people who support the RepubliCANT Party and will do anything to de-legitimize Obama's presidency.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New obama never released the long form
they were very careful that the form(which has been analyzed as photoshopped) never came from him
New <shuuush!> Don't let the secret out!
New If obama never released the long form
would the RepubliCANTS and Teabaggers ever have stopped their incessant whining about demanding proof that he was born in the USA? Not a fucking chance!

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New huh? try to keep up will you
http://www.wnd.com/i...iew&pageId=346201 who you gonna believe sherrif joe or some kenyan muslim?
New I go with the "Kenyan Muslim"
instead of following a blatantly racist, publicity-seeking douchebag any day of the week.

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Sheriff Joe? WTF?
C'mon box, no matter what, I'd hang that scumbag from a lamp post and give the Kenyan Muslim a whip to work him over.
New not his grades, his financial aid info :-)
New I didn't get the TPS report memo. Sorry.
New TPS?
New You must have gotten the memo.
http://www.imdb.com/.../tt0151804/quotes

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I had this discussion last night concerning college grades.
Study for a 95 or coast for an 82.

The general consensus is that it is very rare for any employer to care what your grades were.

Did you get the degree or not?

Coast is the preferred method, and anything past that should be reserved for your core courses.

New Re: I had this discussion last night concerning college grad
I've worked for several employers where GPA was a factor in calculating your opening salary. Guys with 3.5 make more than guys with 3.0. Its an indicator of work ethic.

So I must work for rare companies. However, I think you underestimate what employers think of grades.

In later career, I agree, it is less important. Initial employment, its all they've got.
Expand Edited by beepster Oct. 27, 2011, 11:38:38 AM EDT
New Yes and no
I agree it could be an indicator of work ethic.
But it could also be an indicator of time optimization.

As far as job capabilities, depends if core courses or not.

As far as using it for offering salary, hey, corporate culture does a lot of stupid things. It stand in for someone actually doing a detail interview and judging the value of the individual. It lets HR apply a formula.

So if you want to play the game, and you find yourself applying to these types of companies, then deal with it.

But I've never worked for a company that did this, and I've been part of the hiring process for about 25 years in 7 companies, not little ones usually. I've easily interviewed hundreds and offered about 30 positions, or approved for another department to hire them.

Not once did we care about GPA.
New Concur. Until 5 years experience in the field.
     It's the guy who killed bin Laden versus the human flapjack. - (Another Scott) - (43)
         I almost never listen to Joe Scaraborough. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Get more Democrats in the House and Senate and you're there. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                 Get more Democrats in the House and Senate - (boxley) - (3)
                     59 < 60 Film at 11:00. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         card check not good enuff for nuklear option? go dems go -NT - (boxley)
                     Well, RepubliCANTS are "progressive" - (lincoln)
                 Back to the lesser of two evils again... - (hnick) - (6)
                     What John Cole said: - (rcareaga) - (2)
                         Re: What John Cole said: - (hnick) - (1)
                             Good god - (jake123)
                     (5) Yes. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         I'm not getting out of the boat, myself. :-/ - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Right page. Wrong quote. - (mmoffitt)
         There was a piece a while back - (S1mon_Jester) - (29)
             empty suit? definition please - (boxley) - (28)
                 Amazing... - (S1mon_Jester) - (27)
                     Dont forget chairman of a regional fed - (boxley) - (26)
                         Horse's mouth, and some on his Godfather's history. - (Another Scott) - (25)
                             very good, take the time to learn then condemn - (boxley) - (24)
                                 Eh? -NT - (Another Scott) - (23)
                                     I worked with a guy years ago - (crazy) - (22)
                                         record, as in on the - (boxley) - (21)
                                             Spouting pablum in a column isn't a "record". - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                                 Apparently college grades are important - (beepster) - (19)
                                                     In what way, Charlie? - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                         Considering - (beepster) - (9)
                                                             <sigh> In what way, Charlie? - (Another Scott)
                                                             I'll tell you why people care one way or the other - (crazy)
                                                             You mean like how his long form birth certificate - (lincoln) - (6)
                                                                 obama never released the long form - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                     <shuuush!> Don't let the secret out! -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                     If obama never released the long form - (lincoln) - (3)
                                                                         huh? try to keep up will you - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                             I go with the "Kenyan Muslim" - (lincoln)
                                                                             Sheriff Joe? WTF? - (crazy)
                                                         not his grades, his financial aid info :-) -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                             I didn't get the TPS report memo. Sorry. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 TPS? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     You must have gotten the memo. - (Another Scott)
                                                     I had this discussion last night concerning college grades. - (crazy) - (3)
                                                         Re: I had this discussion last night concerning college grad - (beepster) - (2)
                                                             Yes and no - (crazy)
                                                             Concur. Until 5 years experience in the field. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Sorry, you are not a winner.
107 ms