IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New SD Card?
Some other WP7 phones can take an SD card as a semi-permanent storage expansion.
Specs here: http://www.pcworld.c...ec_smackdown.html say the Nokia Lumia 800 can't. That's dissappointing.

New Re: SD Card?
It'll have an internal SD card slot, like my current HTC Mozart.

It's just that getting at it will void your warranty and then some.
New Wondering why?
http://www.engadget....and-how-nokia-ca/

This is the root cause.
Microsoft had never intended Windows Phone 7's storage to be expandable, swappable, or removable.

Now explain this to Gramma...
the phone randomly generates a password that it stores in its internal Flash and then uses to secure the card, essentially bonding the card with the phone. By its design, a password-secured SD card (or microSD card in this case) can be read only with the password; otherwise, your only option is to erase it.

So, once used in a WinPhone, the card becomes useless anywhere else, and if you do swap it out, the phone will not recognize the new card. Given who will be fielding the irate calls, I can see the the OEMs being kingly asked to avoid this possibility altogether by not having a card slot to begin with.
     Nokia finally launch their WP phones - (pwhysall) - (15)
         thats a pretty phone -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Only 16GB storage. A bit tight these days, no? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Nah, not really. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 SD Card? - (altmann) - (2)
                     Re: SD Card? - (pwhysall)
                     Wondering why? - (scoenye)
         Bing, Internet Explorer 9, - (Bman) - (7)
             Re: Bing, Internet Explorer 9, - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 Handset looks... - (folkert) - (5)
                     Re: Handset looks... - (pwhysall)
                     have 2 droids an iphone at home - (boxley) - (3)
                         Cyan. Meh. They seem to like clown colors for the UI. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             You can make it lots of colours. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Wonky eyes/monitor settings here, I guess. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Ars Technica just posted a hands-on - (SpiceWare)

Moo. It's what's for dinner.
61 ms