IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nah, not really.
Given that I'd need the far side of 100GB to tote around everything, then if I'm going to have to be selective, and I am, it's just a matter of degree. The actual numbers become a bit irrelevant.

And, really, I only fill up my phone with music anyhoo. I have a "most recent n gigabytes" smart playlist in iTunes, and that's the one that gets synced to the phone.

I'm also seriously interested in the fact that these phones will come with Nokia Maps, which has a very good reputation as a turn-by-turn navigation application.
New SD Card?
Some other WP7 phones can take an SD card as a semi-permanent storage expansion.
Specs here: http://www.pcworld.c...ec_smackdown.html say the Nokia Lumia 800 can't. That's dissappointing.

New Re: SD Card?
It'll have an internal SD card slot, like my current HTC Mozart.

It's just that getting at it will void your warranty and then some.
New Wondering why?
http://www.engadget....and-how-nokia-ca/

This is the root cause.
Microsoft had never intended Windows Phone 7's storage to be expandable, swappable, or removable.

Now explain this to Gramma...
the phone randomly generates a password that it stores in its internal Flash and then uses to secure the card, essentially bonding the card with the phone. By its design, a password-secured SD card (or microSD card in this case) can be read only with the password; otherwise, your only option is to erase it.

So, once used in a WinPhone, the card becomes useless anywhere else, and if you do swap it out, the phone will not recognize the new card. Given who will be fielding the irate calls, I can see the the OEMs being kingly asked to avoid this possibility altogether by not having a card slot to begin with.
     Nokia finally launch their WP phones - (pwhysall) - (15)
         thats a pretty phone -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Only 16GB storage. A bit tight these days, no? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Nah, not really. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 SD Card? - (altmann) - (2)
                     Re: SD Card? - (pwhysall)
                     Wondering why? - (scoenye)
         Bing, Internet Explorer 9, - (Bman) - (7)
             Re: Bing, Internet Explorer 9, - (pwhysall) - (6)
                 Handset looks... - (folkert) - (5)
                     Re: Handset looks... - (pwhysall)
                     have 2 droids an iphone at home - (boxley) - (3)
                         Cyan. Meh. They seem to like clown colors for the UI. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             You can make it lots of colours. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Wonky eyes/monitor settings here, I guess. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Ars Technica just posted a hands-on - (SpiceWare)

Ohh... they're still working.
73 ms