IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 109F Saturday; 107F Sunday
Saturday tied the all-time highest temp measured since they started keeping records over 100 years ago, and Sunday smashed the former high for that date by 6 degrees.

Last Thursday broke the string of consecutive 100+ days by topping out at "only" 97.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New That's hot.
New and dry
which is odd for Houston.

I posted some photos here of the tire-swallowing-chasms I'm having to avoid when I take my bike out in the evenings.

http://www.atariage....53-how-dry-is-it/
New That's dry. :-(
New 107F this past Monday, 103F yesterday
looks like a low pressure system may form in the Gulf by this weekend, potentially bringing Saturday or Sunday's high temp to 90F.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Nice day thanks to Irene - (malraux) - (12)
         50,000? - (Another Scott)
         Survived... - (scoenye) - (5)
             Good news. Where you at? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Middlesex, VT - (scoenye) - (3)
                     Wow - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         It normally is beautiful - (scoenye) - (1)
                             :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         109F Saturday; 107F Sunday - (lincoln) - (4)
             That's hot. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 and dry - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     That's dry. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
             107F this past Monday, 103F yesterday - (lincoln)

Rebuild the remnant of the Obelisk, one mile from the pyramid.
109 ms