IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Everybody's got a Chase story.
Our local bank was consumed by NBD, which in turn was consumed by Chase. When my daughter visited us, my wife wrote a check for $200.00 to her for gas money to get back home (she drives a 2000 Lincoln Town Car). Anyway, my wife told her to go to Chase to cash the check. She did. And was charged $6.00 to cash the check. I went to the bank manager and was told that the company policy was to charge a $6.00 fee on any check for $50.00 or more if the person cashing the check did not have a Chase account. I explained that my daughter lives in North Carolina, where Chase does NOT do business, so it was not possible for my daughter to have a Chase account. Moreover, we'd been a customer for more than 20 years and this was a valid check from our account to our own daughter. Sorry, he said, that's the company's policy. I don't like it either, but I can't change it. I said, well, you must like enough to continue to suck a check from this monster, but I'll tell you I don't like it enough to keep my money here. So, let's close my three accounts.

Edit: I am in no way comparing my dealing with Chase to the obscenities this unfortunate guy went through. Didn't mean that at all.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt July 19, 2011, 10:56:41 AM EDT
New when I switch direct deposit it requires a paper check
for one pay period. When I go to BOA to cash it they charge me 5 dollars. When they ask me to open a account so I wouldnt get charged $5 I respond, no because this way you only get to steal $5 of my money
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Why couldn't you deposit it at your own bank?
Or is there some subtley of the way US checks work (differently to in AU) that I'm not across?

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New You could but
As I read the story, cash was needed to get home so depositing at the far end was not possible.
New Ah... that problem.
I still find it strange to have a bank that exists only within a few dozen square miles.

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New Right, daughter needed cash for gas.
And this WAS our bank and our branch office. There was ZERO chance the check was not good. They charged my daughter $6.00 because they could. Why? Because our banks (particularly Wall Street banks) OWN our government.

And, btw, if Scott reads this, that was AFTER the vaunted "Financial Reform Bill" was signed by the "Black mascot of the Wall Street oligarchs" currently occupying the White House.
New You need to join a credit union. ;-)
     gotta love those too big to fail banks - (boxley) - (15)
         Thanks--useful - (Ashton)
         Too big to fail? Maybe they should be split up. - (static) - (6)
             Wise words: Reactionary Pols; air-head consumers :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
             Your not the first to notice this - (jay) - (3)
                 I would be extremely surprised if I was! - (static) - (2)
                     Corporate personhood FTW!!1!!1!!111one1!! -NT - (drook)
                     It was to bury the problems and kick the can down the road. - (Another Scott)
             That would be "punishing success" -NT - (mhuber)
         Everybody's got a Chase story. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             when I switch direct deposit it requires a paper check - (boxley)
             Why couldn't you deposit it at your own bank? - (static) - (4)
                 You could but - (scoenye) - (3)
                     Ah... that problem. - (static) - (2)
                         Right, daughter needed cash for gas. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             You need to join a credit union. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Bad format, or no disk in drive.
79 ms