IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't keep any beyond their warranty
The ABS computer on my 94 Mustang died right after the warranty expired. The board and actuator valves are mated and need to be replaced as a unit. Total cost for parts alone was going to be $2000. Ford refused to slide the warranty so I have been driving regular brakes ever since,

Worst so far is our 06 Tacoma. We just paid $825 to the dealer to have both front brake calipers replaced (non-Toyota parts even). It is a ~10k miles/year daily driver yet somehow the inboard pistons on both sides seized.
New Zooks!
That Ford story would piss me off a bunch. :-(

IIRC, we spent about $825 to have the brakes done on a Corolla about 5 years ago, and that was just pads, rotors, shoes, and rear brake cylinders. (I ended up replacing the rotors myself a few weeks later because they had warped them, probably by not tightening the lug nuts carefully.) Toyota brake repairs are expensive, for some reason...

I guess one has to grin and bear it to some extent. Fingers crossed that those are the only issues you have with your autos for a while!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Well, I knew it wasn't going to be an appliance... - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Don't keep any beyond their warranty - (scoenye) - (1)
             Zooks! - (Another Scott)
         Its been paid off for a while right? - (folkert) - (1)
             Yup. - (Another Scott)
         It can be hard to pick one that will be cheap to service. - (static) - (3)
             Excellent. I hope your 924 treats you as well! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I think it will. - (static)
             Mine's been a keeper - (pwhysall)
         I have put 20k miles on the couger since I bought it - (boxley)

7.8 on the Richter scale.
64 ms