Mainly cause I am intimately familiar with them. I have them in my Netfinity x250 Chassis, x350 Chassis. I use them with the internal-->external converters for those chassis to connect to XP300s. For the internals Drive arrays on the Netfinitys, I use either a 4Lx Single Channel or 4Mx 2-Channel. Depending on how I want to configure the SAF-TE backplanes.

In one Netfinity 7000/M10, I have two 4H and one 4Lx... eight channels of array for data, one channel for the system (the 4Lx).

Now we also have an ESS on-site too, but that is a horse of a different color. I won't go into the "I told you so"'s about it only conecting at UW Differential SCSI (40MByte/Sec).

On this particular machine:

2 - 73GB drives per channel, 4 channels used

Raid 5 with Hot-Spare in Write-Back mode, not a DB machine but pure storage and retrieval... Although when running the conversions it should probably be using write-through for integrity... But the raw data comes in on DVD or CD anyway so no big deal anyway.

On a side-note... I am really liking the ServeRAID update CDs... imagine my surprise one day seeing a Penguin show up on the screen in frame buffer mode!!!

Currently I have (I think, ouch that hurts) 15 ServeRAID controllers at REAL work. 3H, 4Lx, 4Mx and 4H. The OS agents make it nice to manage the storage on the machine, all from my little-O-linux machine...