IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Update.. Snow Leopard, Safari 5? Any gotchas??
Wow! 1 GB (and on my now semi-crippled Med-Hi-speed?) ... 1-year HS trial expired :-/
Current Safari is 4.0.5
This update would make it OS X 10.6.5 and Safari 5.0.3

Anyone done the update? Safari still copacetic? (and will 5.0.3 still remember 'all windows open' ... when previous version was shut down?)

Yeah.. I Know -- Apple rarely screws-up such matters. But these are not Normal 'times'.
Just asking..

Thanx
New Been...
running on my (Daughter's) MBP, (Wife's) iMac and (My) hackintosh... Snow Leopard with all the gadgets and whirly-do items.

I've had to reboot the iMac recently, it was having issues with the wife's Facebook... played the games slow.

Turned out to be Flash had to removed and re-installed.

Wonderful Flash!

Soon to be running a Dual 2.0GHz G5 Mac. Soon as I get my arse doing the Power Supply replacement I have now.

edits: Fill in who and what
Expand Edited by folkert Dec. 21, 2010, 08:50:08 AM EST
New Thanks. Only one glitch..
(2 hrs. to d/l 1.09 GB :-/ Comcast monopoly in my village, etc.)
Safari 5.0.2, though, opened with a hitch-in-the-getalong:
Blue line of running scripts paused, sometimes interminably at various stages, various URLs.

Had opted also, to check out latest version of Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner
http://www.northernsoftworks.com/
Turns out, as you'd suspect -- cache 'cleaning' is a resort you use when all the other thought-experiments have failed and your machine remains randomly soggy and hard to light (aka cigarette in a urinal.)
No need for moi to go there.

But amongst the several clever inclusions were:
ClamAV + update dB access, beaucoup listing of various bits of interest and a slew of other handy things as per website, including:

"Optimize Safari web and icon caches"
(as well as tune a couple values in stack for 'broadband' -- all these reversible if you don't Like the difference.)
Ran above: now see fastest loading since when I had the (Real) 'HS' trial … even with my crippled/filtered feed. Still gets clamped at 184 KBytes/sec, after brief initial spurt, per iStat.

So with a free virus ck, no root-kits (at least in their collection) and an abstruse tweak to the New-Safari's communication skills … it's copacetic on Day 2

(Yeah I suspect you'd have found the glitch producing script delays, via CL + lore ... but for us mere mortals..)
     Update.. Snow Leopard, Safari 5? Any gotchas?? - (Ashton) - (2)
         Been... - (folkert) - (1)
             Thanks. Only one glitch.. - (Ashton)

C:>_
54 ms