IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Been...
running on my (Daughter's) MBP, (Wife's) iMac and (My) hackintosh... Snow Leopard with all the gadgets and whirly-do items.

I've had to reboot the iMac recently, it was having issues with the wife's Facebook... played the games slow.

Turned out to be Flash had to removed and re-installed.

Wonderful Flash!

Soon to be running a Dual 2.0GHz G5 Mac. Soon as I get my arse doing the Power Supply replacement I have now.

edits: Fill in who and what
Expand Edited by folkert Dec. 21, 2010, 08:50:08 AM EST
New Thanks. Only one glitch..
(2 hrs. to d/l 1.09 GB :-/ Comcast monopoly in my village, etc.)
Safari 5.0.2, though, opened with a hitch-in-the-getalong:
Blue line of running scripts paused, sometimes interminably at various stages, various URLs.

Had opted also, to check out latest version of Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner
http://www.northernsoftworks.com/
Turns out, as you'd suspect -- cache 'cleaning' is a resort you use when all the other thought-experiments have failed and your machine remains randomly soggy and hard to light (aka cigarette in a urinal.)
No need for moi to go there.

But amongst the several clever inclusions were:
ClamAV + update dB access, beaucoup listing of various bits of interest and a slew of other handy things as per website, including:

"Optimize Safari web and icon caches"
(as well as tune a couple values in stack for 'broadband' -- all these reversible if you don't Like the difference.)
Ran above: now see fastest loading since when I had the (Real) 'HS' trial … even with my crippled/filtered feed. Still gets clamped at 184 KBytes/sec, after brief initial spurt, per iStat.

So with a free virus ck, no root-kits (at least in their collection) and an abstruse tweak to the New-Safari's communication skills … it's copacetic on Day 2

(Yeah I suspect you'd have found the glitch producing script delays, via CL + lore ... but for us mere mortals..)
     Update.. Snow Leopard, Safari 5? Any gotchas?? - (Ashton) - (2)
         Been... - (folkert) - (1)
             Thanks. Only one glitch.. - (Ashton)

Holy freakin' cow with a lemonade stand.
62 ms