IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ashton owns and uses an iMac.
He is an equal opportunity hater.
New I despise haters! ... ;^>
I don't even 'hate' Jobs' o'erweening, punctilious obsessions ... like with putting ONLY a then- mondo-Expensive optical drive in the Lisa / no fans EVAH!! (even slow, temp-cotrolled ones)
... until the Mac Pro G-4 was it? had a case full -- which still managed to be a quiet tower unless/until pushed into some video mac-hinations of the 'Pro' ilk .

So ... he Does learn, eventually, that some of his Insistences were indeed mere psych-obsessions. +6.666 on that Cluefulness, at last..
I share his attitude that 'machines' can be attractive as objects while remaining fully functional. Where I part with him (and his love for the ^up^-scale demographic) is in ROI,
precisely the Point of my irade about that laughably over-priced piece of bent metal, above.

So Steverino gets my vote for making the (nearest-to literally) actually User. Friendly. pop-OS
[which is, of course, simultaneously a Pro-OS too, for those who play in the fields of CL perturbations for fun or profit.]

I just don't worship the sucker.. nor lust after every gadget he spawns -- even the ones I could afford. But need not.
(Also: have little idea what he plans to do with his $Bs, eventually.)
That will determine his actual character, just as Billy's stolen Monopoly-loot has become shepherded by Melissa,
who obviously was/is more socially aware and adept than the heartless geek who did the pillaging.
Maybe Steve needs someone with a soul nearby, too? We'll see.

My Spring '08-built 20" iMac remains the first nearly-flawless 'computer' I've owned -- coming up on 2 yrs. in Jan.
As a giant laptop it remains ~ vulnerable to high ambient temps -- but thanks to iStat, decent temp sensors and smcFanControl: ¡no es una problema!
Add-in the silent sophistication of Time Machine.. frosting on the cake. iMac Kicks Doze Ass.

Delorean Hard Drive - (SpiceWare) - (13)
         $250 for a 500GB drive - (lincoln)
         Re: Delorean Hard Drive - (Bman) - (11)
             I just ordered one of these. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Re: I just ordered one of these. - (Bman) - (2)
                     So far, it seems pretty good. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         It'll be a long time... - (folkert)
             Cute bone-simple item prompts irascible irade - (Ashton) - (6)
                 Re: Cute bone-simple item prompts irascible irade - (Bman) - (5)
                     You're quite right.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Re: You're quite right.. - (Bman) - (3)
                             Um, Ashton runs an iMac. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Ashton owns and uses an iMac. - (folkert) - (1)
                                 I despise haters! ... ;^> - (Ashton)