IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do us all a favor
Hey ...send us a special sign whenever your fundamental position changes, that way we can stop wasting our time on you. Much appreciated.

[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=33065|http://z.iwethey.or...tentid=33065]
Brandioch: Which is when/where we get into the question of whether the government will ever care where I go or what I do. Yes, they will.

The post above:
Mike: You on the other hand are concerned that >YOU< will be monitored.
Brandioch: Nope. I'm not.
Mike: And you think its likely that you will be monitored.
Brandioch: Again, nope. I don't.
Mike: You have no reason to explain why this should be so.
Brandioch: Because it isn't so.

This one's over. You're wasting my time.

-- William Shatner's Trousers --
Expand Edited by Mike March 26, 2002, 08:59:39 PM EST
Expand Edited by Mike March 26, 2002, 09:01:26 PM EST
New Let me explain "context" to you.
Which is when/where we get into the question of whether the government will ever care where I go or what I do.

Yes, they will.

The same government that kept a file on Martin Luther King will care where I go.

Or, rather, they will care what vehicles are parked in proximity to certain locations. What cell phones are carried in certain buildings.

As long as you never question the government or meet with those who do, you'll have nothing to worry about.
Yes, you did skip over a bit when you quoted that, didn't you?

Now, context.

I will NOT die from falling off a tall building.

Not because gravity doesn't work.

Not because the fall wouldn't kill me.

Not because I'm "afraid" of gravity.

Not because I'm "afraid" of tall buildings.

But because I'm not going to jump off of a tall building.

So, is the government going to track me?

No.

Am I afraid of the government tracking me?

No.

Can I get the government to track me?

Yes.

Have OTHER people doing LEGAL acts that are "good" been tracked by the government?

Yes.

So, is the government going to track me/am I going to die falling from a building?

No/No.

Would the government track me/would I die falling from a building?

Yes/Yes.

Has the government tracked other "good" people/have other people died from falling from buildings?

Yes/Yes.

You see, the reason I included King's name was to show that the government would track someone doing what King did. Now, have you seen my name on national television doing anything equivalent to King? Now, if I did, would the government track me? If I don't, would the government track me?

"Context".

"Examples".
     Big brother is really watching - (bluke) - (70)
         But it's a good thing. - (Brandioch) - (68)
             Location, location, location - (Mike) - (67)
                 The pluses are evident. - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Odd - (Mike) - (3)
                         Cackle.. OK OK !!___________________Cackle.. - (Ashton)
                         Terrorists wrong argument - (wharris2) - (1)
                             Actually... - (Mike)
                 Percentages? - (Brandioch) - (61)
                     Huh? - (Mike) - (51)
                         Where's the graveyard? - (Brandioch) - (50)
                             Nice try - (Mike) - (49)
                                 Why are you doing that? - (Brandioch) - (48)
                                     You're missing my point. Intentionally I think. - (Mike) - (47)
                                         Nope. Just showing you my point. - (Brandioch) - (16)
                                             Re: Nope. Just showing you my point. - (Mike) - (15)
                                                 Which shows your assumptions. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                                     You are getting confused - (Mike) - (13)
                                                         Allow me to clarify. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                             Please do clarify. - (Mike) - (10)
                                                                 Again. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                     Again? Really? I don't think so......... - (Mike) - (8)
                                                                         Again, again. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                             Are they going to get harder than this? - (Mike) - (5)
                                                                                 Me personally? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                     More monitoring could have CLEARLY prevented the attack. - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                                         And that proves my point. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                             Not really. Not at all. - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                 Yes, I did. - (Brandioch)
                                                                             In addition: - (Mike)
                                                             Re: Allow me to clarify. - (wharris2)
                                         The place of value in a world of things (?) - (Ashton) - (29)
                                             Re: The place of value in a world of things (?) - (Mike) - (28)
                                                 Interesting phrasing there. - (Brandioch) - (27)
                                                     Re: Interesting phrasing there. - (Mike) - (26)
                                                         Those willing to trade liberty for security..... - (Brandioch) - (25)
                                                             Re: Those willing to trade liberty for security..... - (Mike) - (24)
                                                                 Again, the FBI website I referenced. - (Brandioch) - (23)
                                                                     One more time with feeling... - (Mike) - (22)
                                                                         Life liberty and the pursuit of happiness - (orion)
                                                                         It isn't a threat. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                                                                             You WANT to believe it....... so you do. - (Mike) - (19)
                                                                                 You're contradicting yourself. - (Brandioch) - (18)
                                                                                     Tell me....... - (Mike)
                                                                                     Kettle calling pot black - (Mike) - (16)
                                                                                         Why should it be more - is that not an important right?!? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                                                         When they came for the trade-unionists, - (Ashton) - (14)
                                                                                             Oh you bitch - (Mike) - (13)
                                                                                                 I find that strange. - (Brandioch) - (12)
                                                                                                     Hmmmm? - (Mike) - (3)
                                                                                                         What are you saying? - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                                             Do us all a favor - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Let me explain "context" to you. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                     Conditions in USSR - (Arkadiy) - (7)
                                                                                                         Check my point. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                                                                             Listen to him - (Mike) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Read what I said and what he said. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                             Re: Check my point. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                                                                                                                 I do see that point. - (Ashton)
                                                                                                                 An effective system vs an ineffective system. - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                                 Good comment, Arkadiy! - (a6l6e6x)
                     Another thing............. - (Mike) - (8)
                         Rebuttal: Maxwell's Demon. -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
                             Enlighten me and explain the relationship -NT - (Mike) - (6)
                                 Re: Enlighten me and explain the relationship - (Ashton) - (5)
                                     I think one of Heinlein's characters had it right- - (Silverlock) - (4)
                                         I don't believe you have to give that to them. - (Brandioch)
                                         Interestingly California has recently enacted... - (Mike)
                                         Technically - (wharris2)
                                         Re: Why your dentist wants your SSN. - (a6l6e6x)
         Big brother IS watching - (folkert)

Okay, that's not how law works for regular people.
154 ms