Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New B-B-B-B-B-BAD to the B-B-B-B-B-Bone
The Prisoner Appreciation Society:Six of One

Member:
Barry Roomberg

Dunno.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New KTEH in Silly Vallley doing a reprise just now
They've shown series several times in past 5-7 years - and their commentator is steeped in the arcanery, clever - and not too full of himself. This station is extraordinary; they actually scour the planet for odd and (to me at least) interesting series - this entirely apart from the nornmal PBS fare. I subscribe - and I'm 100 mi away (with Super Yagi and LN-cooled SQID detector...)

In between we get bio factoids about the difficulty Mc Goohan had.. in selling something not interchangeable with the usual "Sci-Fi" pabulum. Seems he even split with original director for.. his veering much more into the philosophical than per original sketches. Apparently couldn't interest any of the usual suspects in more than one season.

It's certainly worth a re-view in these deadly dull Aschroftian Times.

Ashton
New Well, I just happen to...
Have now captured the complete(I think) set of re-runs of it. I watch them from time to time now, when the Boob-toob get whacked with "Hearings" and such... or the 24-hours of Bahrain("Crisis in the Desert" reporting), blah blah...

It does an young-un good to watch these... I actually now have my 15 year old liking the Early to late 60's television shows and movies..

Makes a Dad proud to have shown a world much different from our own, and they then embrace the "likeness" of the shows. Even so much as watching "TV Land" now, cause of it. Sometimes *I* get sick of the Lucy re-runs... but Never McHale's Navy and the like. Father Know's Best and Leave it to Beaver... are up there too.

She is glued to the YV when PT-109 is on now, or the War Wagon ... it really feels good to know I am NOT an alien any more... for now! that is.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
In 2002, everyone will discover that everyone else is using linux. ** Linux: Good, fast AND cheap. ** Failure is not an option: It comes bundled with Windows. ** "Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know." - Sassan Tat
New Half a dozen of the other...
You can also order the complete series (with some extras) on DVD. I'm buying 'em separately at Best Buy, but they also sell a 10-DVD set. Cost is around $150.00. Try amazon.com or your other favorite DVD-buying website.

I've got the first 2 or 3 sets so far. Have watched most of 'em. Damn fine show. Highly recommended all around.

[link|http://www.theprisonerappreciationsociety.com/|[link|http://www.theprisonerappreciationsociety.com/|http://www.thepriso...society.com/]]
-YendorMike

Real programmers use "vi a.out".
New "Six of One"? No, no no - it goes, "Seven of Nine"! HTH! :-)
Oh, and here's hoping your guess was wrong -- since "3)" specifically asked not to be named "in any googleable form" [IIRC].
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
     Hi! - (3)) - (15)
         ????????? - (orion) - (2)
             It's a number... considering the sig, think Prisoner tv show -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                 Interesting show - (SpiceWare)
         Hi! - (wharris2)
         Hi! - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             Hmmm - (Yendor) - (1)
                 Co-worker? Unlikely - (3))
             It isn't me if that is what you are thinking -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Is it the lady bug from out West? :) - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Nope, it ain't me... -NT - (slugbug)
         B-B-B-B-B-BAD to the B-B-B-B-B-Bone - (folkert) - (4)
             KTEH in Silly Vallley doing a reprise just now - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Well, I just happen to... - (folkert)
             Half a dozen of the other... - (Yendor)
             "Six of One"? No, no no - it goes, "Seven of Nine"! HTH! :-) - (CRConrad)

...introduce an "if", and you're down the slippery slope. You add "for", and it's an avalanche. Then the "while" falls on you, and you're buried.
52 ms