IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're kidding, right?
Show me any evidence that long-run thinking was responsible for the real-estate bubble, the credit boom that it spawned, or the "creative" instruments (properly called "fraud") that capitalized on it, and I'll think you've got a point.

Owners can make short-term bets with enough upside to keep them in style for generations, and any downside covered by government guarantees. There's nothing available to workers that compares.

You can say that downside shouldn't be covered by the government, and that owners should be exposed to personal risk if they do a bad job, and I'll agree with you all day. But that isn't the current system.
--

Drew
New welfare food stamps unemployment compensation
social security, medicare, supplemental social security, workmans comp naw the workers dont get a fucking thing.
what caused the tech bubble.
yuppies pouring dollars into their 401k by the armload created a easing of credit so firms that didnt have an idea could sell to idiot money brokers and a company that had no way of seeing a profit was worth bajillions.
that bubble burst so the same dribbling yuppies loaded their money into realestate because unlike stocks realestate doesnt go down. Why wait till Im old to enjoy retirement, I will borrow on my equity.
Now they are underwater and unemployed so that monthly jam of 401k money into the market isnt as bountiful as before so next bubble will be delayed until after citybank and boa are dismantled.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Eh?
Drook is talking about the rich gaming the system to increase their wealth. SS, FS, etc., aren't wealth.

Gates and Buffett and Helmsely wouldn't have their billions without the system that permits them to accumulate those vast holdings.

Whatchotalkinabout?

Cheers,
Scott.
     Felix: Fix the economy by increasing immigration. - (Another Scott) - (76)
         how else are you going to fix social security - (boxley)
         Think they may have causation a bit wrong - (beepster) - (74)
             The biggest problem now is the housing bubble. - (Another Scott) - (73)
                 increased demand for housing? - (boxley) - (7)
                     You know what I mean... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         take the inventory of fannie and freddie - (boxley) - (5)
                             Depends on how it's done. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 Re: Depends on how it's done. - (SpiceWare) - (2)
                                     Interesting. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     "As we've gone through the lessons that we've learned ..." - (drook)
                                 thats why lottery, no money involved - (boxley)
                 I'm finding this very funny... - (beepster) - (64)
                     And just in case that is too rosy a forecast - (beepster) - (55)
                         Why would a business invest if there's no demand? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             true statement - (boxley)
                             You're getting there - (beepster) - (2)
                                 Eh? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Krugman is wrong :-) - (beepster)
                         Companies are not "industry" - (drook) - (49)
                             Seriously? - (beepster) - (48)
                                 Where you stand ... where you sit ... - (drook) - (47)
                                     Not at all the same. They're only tangent linked - (beepster) - (46)
                                         I did - (drook) - (45)
                                             Different causation - (beepster) - (44)
                                                 You seem to be making a Supply Side argument. - (Another Scott) - (43)
                                                     Who is the customer? - (beepster) - (42)
                                                         What does that mean? - (drook) - (41)
                                                             dunno if you noticed, it aint the poor getting the checks - (boxley)
                                                             sigh - (beepster) - (39)
                                                                 Why should I care about intra-industrial demand? - (drook) - (38)
                                                                     Oh, and by the way ... - (drook) - (8)
                                                                         Software? - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                             Of course, focus on the *least important* part of that quote -NT - (drook) - (6)
                                                                                 What, - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                     "Recovery means jobs" - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                         Re: "Recovery means jobs" - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                             That was Bill's line - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                                 bill is right - (boxley)
                                                                                                 With a line like that... - (beepster)
                                                                     You want jobs, correct? - (beepster) - (28)
                                                                         That's not a point, that's an article - (drook) - (27)
                                                                             Get this through your head. - (beepster) - (26)
                                                                                 Quit with the shorthand - (drook) - (25)
                                                                                     Re: Quit with the shorthand - (beepster) - (24)
                                                                                         So you completely disagree with the "two economies" premise? - (drook) - (6)
                                                                                             Absolutely - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                                 You're half right - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                                     No, its not. - (beepster) - (3)
                                                                                                         You're kidding, right? - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                                             welfare food stamps unemployment compensation - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                 Eh? - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         Big D. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                                                                             To be honest - (beepster)
                                                                                             cheese - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                                 Talk to Sorros about that. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                                                                                     Central Banks >are< the market. -NT - (beepster) - (12)
                                                                                                         <Boggle> I guess that's how George never made his $1B... - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                                                                             piggybacking a market isnt brilliant - (boxley)
                                                                                                             He made it playing the market.. - (beepster) - (9)
                                                                                                                 And...? - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                                                                                     Would he have made that money without central banks? - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                                                         You're not getting it. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                                                             how very conservative of you :-) - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                                                 This has nothing to do with the "Fair Tax". - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                     from October 12, 2009 - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         Interesting. Thanks. (The rest of it is bogus, of course.;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                                             Oh, I am - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                                 Hmmm. - (Another Scott)
                     It's the same most places in First World countries. - (static) - (7)
                         This "free trade" mantra is a relatively new development. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             The kos artlcle - (beepster) - (3)
                                 I guess you missed the rending of garments about the tires.. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     tires - (boxley)
                                     No, I didn't - (beepster)
                             Not sure if you are advocating the article - (boxley) - (1)
                                 He's saying that argument is wrong. - (Another Scott)

Make your blood boil?
160 ms