IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That was a clarification?
You said "pro-business". Now you're agreeing with my assertion that unchecked business is equivalent to (and equally as bad as) unchecked government?

That's why I asked you to explain what you mean by "pro-business". Any reading -- purely semantic, or based on your posting history -- says that you favor business over government.

If you're trying to claim that the prevailing sentiments here are so overwhelmingly left-leaning that you have to lean right just to balance things out, I call bullshit. Fox makes that same argument all the time.

It's like a statistician in a gunfight: He misses once to the left, once to the right, and puts his gun away because the other guy should be dead now.

I prefer the coin toss analogy: If you get a run of 5 heads in a row, it isn't balanced out by 5 tails in a row. It's balanced by 1,000 randomly-distributed tosses.

Yes, that means that for every extreme (and wrong) viewpoint, it takes a hundred moderate (and true) viewpoints to average it out. Fifty people on one edge and fifty on the opposite edge may be "balanced", but nothing will get done. Five people on the edges and ninety-five in the middle is more workable.
--

Drew
New There is absolutely no fun in that.
If box or I didn't post here, there would be a host of one post threads...or a lot of "yeah, that sucks".

as for pro-business...I would rather it be business than gov't because with business you at least go in knowing motive. (make money)

the pro-business comment is really more meant for threads where someone rails off about, say, Walmart, and they do this and they do that..and the CEO must be an a$$ because they certainly have to know yadda yadda...and all CEOs suck anyway...not that those threads EVER start around here.

And no, I don't need to lean right to balance things out...I lean right because, in addition to being libertarian enough to not like most politics of the left (as overly intrusive), its simply a helluva lot more fun here.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     Yep, all for helping the little guy... - (beepster) - (24)
         a frodo owns a condo there - (boxley)
         Um, how is this news? - (Another Scott) - (21)
             Um..where are condos in your quotes? - (beepster) - (20)
                 The loans are still limited to $729,750. - (Another Scott) - (19)
                     Well I'm happy that you continue to be all forgiving - (beepster) - (18)
                         "Loosened the rules in December..." - (Another Scott) - (17)
                             Good, no bait taking please - (crazy) - (16)
                                 :-D How's that book coming? :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Not happening - (crazy) - (1)
                                         I was too terse. - (Another Scott)
                                 And don't forget ... - (drook) - (3)
                                     Thats not how that went. - (beepster) - (2)
                                         Like Crazy said ... - (drook) - (1)
                                             No, not at all - (beepster)
                                 hey link don work - (boxley)
                                 You were almost there.... - (beepster) - (5)
                                     What does "pro-business" mean? - (drook) - (4)
                                         That clarification... - (beepster) - (3)
                                             That was a clarification? - (drook) - (1)
                                                 There is absolutely no fun in that. - (beepster)
                                             Oooohhh... CIEIO'll bring on the Vulcan blood-trance, eh? - (Ashton)
                                 You made a mistake in paraphrasing me - (lincoln) - (1)
                                     :-) -NT - (beepster)
         More from Felix - (Another Scott)

Well, after thinking it over for a few hours, the toilet decided to work.
183 ms