IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup, pretty straight forward
You are in line.

You want to jump line? Is this business or residential? If business, scream. If residential, go take a nap. You payed for best effort, and you didn't pay much.
New Finally done
After more laps through the troubleshooting steps than I care to remember*, I finally talked to an actual tech person at about 5 p.m. my time. She's the one who figured out what was actually wrong, and didn't want to try to explain it to the support manager well enough for him to explain to me, so she called me herself.

My old configuration was deleted from the front-end systems. This sends a "deactivate" code to the switch, just in case someone decides to reactivate. I was on SBC before they were acquired, so my username was @sbcglobal.net. The new system required me to have an @att username.

The switch said the username didn't match, but my address (IP? MAC?) was still assigned. The front-end systems didn't have any way to send a command to clear the sbcglobal address from the configuration, so someone had to fix it directly on the switch.

Some of the above is reading between the lines of what she said. She was talking to me like I was Aunt Tilly, but I got what she meant.

* I eventually started calls by saying, "I've already power-cycled the modem and the computer. I've reset the modem. I've used both support username/password combos on the modem. I've unplugged and replugged everything."
--

Drew
     Is AT&T lying to me? - (drook) - (10)
         2 days is a lot better than it used to be. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Work queues. - (static) - (2)
             Yup, pretty straight forward - (crazy) - (1)
                 Finally done - (drook)
         Related: James Kwak enters telecom hell. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Day. Ja. View. -NT - (drook)
             And the telcos wonder why their reputation is so low... -NT - (static) - (2)
                 No, I'm pretty sure they know why -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     And they don't care? Oh to be a monopoly... -NT - (static)
         More: Kevin Drum on Customer Service - (Another Scott)

The pursuit of balance can create imbalance because sometimes something is true.
46 ms