IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Texas beats Florida; only trails California
in drive-by shootings.

For those of you who always get bummed when Texas gets the lowest spots on national rankings for mental health care, children's insurance, and other benchmarks of civilized society, here's a study that puts us at an impressive Number Two: Drive-by shootings.

The gun-control communists at the Washington, D.C.-based Violence Policy Center have just issued a study, "Drive-By America", that shows how prevalent the titular crime was in each state. While California blew the competition away with 148 drive-bys (40 dead; 129 injured), the Lone Star state came in second with a respectable 60 (6 dead; 52 injured). For those of you keeping track, that means California drive-by practitioners killed their targets 27 percent of the time, while Texas thugs had only a ten-percent kill rate.

source: http://blogs.houston...0/07/drive-by.php

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New Totally unfair analysis
For those of you keeping track, that means California drive-by practitioners killed their targets 27 percent of the time, while Texas thugs had only a ten-percent kill rate.

No, the numbers only say that practitioners killed someone 27 percent of the time. And maybe not even that, since many drive-bys yield multiple dead.
--

Drew
New 'Stats' are only this much fun ... ...when you look at Econ:
A Perfect Record !1!1ONE!!11 of Never.. predicting anything remotely Used (or useful, ergo?) -- every time its House of Tarot Cards is in imminent danger of collapse / or actually Full-race collapsed. Again.

Faith-'science': Believe hard-enough and ... Anything's Possible.

..and they give out PhDs, congratulate each other and even gull the IgNobel folk --
(the Nobel folk being an easy seduction.)
Is there such a thing as a Drive-by Bailout, yet? :-0

opTy

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
Expand Edited by Ashton July 25, 2010, 04:11:05 PM EDT
New hey even pat robertson has a piled higher n deeper
New Eh?
http://en.wikipedia...._military_service

He then went on to receive a Bachelor of Laws degree from Yale University Law School in 1955. However, he failed to pass the bar exam,[9] shortly thereafter underwent his religious conversion, and decided against pursuing a career in law. Instead, Robertson attended the New York Theological Seminary, and was awarded a Master of Divinity degree in 1959.

You have different information that he earned a Ph.D.?

Cheers,
Scott.
New who said earned :-) bob jones gave him one
New Count Colbert's then.
New sure,why not?
me Im waiting for a school to recognize the genius of myself and grant me one
New There are places that will give you one for < $300.
E.g. http://www.diplomaco...&product_id=29823

Probably cheaper than an honorary one (given the travel expense, etc.)....

HTH! ;-p

Cheers,
Scott.
New naw, gotta be an repected brand
     Texas beats Florida; only trails California - (lincoln) - (9)
         Totally unfair analysis - (drook) - (8)
             'Stats' are only this much fun ... ...when you look at Econ: - (Ashton) - (7)
                 hey even pat robertson has a piled higher n deeper -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                     Eh? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         who said earned :-) bob jones gave him one -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                             Count Colbert's then. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 sure,why not? - (boxley) - (2)
                                     There are places that will give you one for < $300. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         naw, gotta be an repected brand -NT - (boxley)

We are antisocial. We like things on our own terms. We break stuff for fun. We're judgey.
157 ms