IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Probably coincidence.
After letting it run a while, I came back to a Firefox crash popup saying that (something like) "2020player" had caused problems and the offending page was http://www.washingtonmonthly.com

I assume it was a bad ad or something (which ABP always blocks for me, but maybe the plugin got partially through).

On restarting FF again, I didn't see the problem again, so I guess it was just a coincidence. Looking at Washington Monthly from other PCs hasn't shown any issues (yet).

I'll report back if I have any more information.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who has had enough issues with Flash and Acrobat Reader that Adobe stuff is his natural first suspicion.)
New Update.
I had several more crashes of FF on trying to restart it. The other crashes pointed to different web pages, so it probably is a plug-in and not a particular page.

The only way I could get it to come up was to have it load only my (text link) home page (no other external tabs). At that point I could disable the "20-20 3D Viewer 3.0.31.0" in Addons -> Extensions.

But now my friendly 150-200 kB background download is back. Grr.

When I get a chance, I'll go through the diagnoses you folks suggested. For now, I'll close FF and see if Chrome or Safari has the same issues.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Is it just me? Fast Company's "Influence" thingy. - (Another Scott) - (19)
         SBS&D didn't find anything. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Try Wireshark? - (mvitale) - (7)
                 Ok, I've captured some traffic. Now what? - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Re: Ok, I've captured some traffic. Now what? - (mvitale) - (5)
                         Excellent. I should have rememberd that. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             Re: Excellent. I should have rememberd that. Thanks. - (folkert) - (3)
                                 That shouldn't be it. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: Excellent. I should have rememberd that. Thanks. - (mvitale) - (1)
                                     Dang, beat me to it -NT - (drook)
             check your plug-in directory - (beepster)
         you have a new plugin - (boxley)
         Hmm, wasn't aware of that - (drook)
         Probably coincidence. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Update. - (Another Scott)
         As you might expect, it was a false alarm. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Yeah.. that rotating thingi appears oblivious to some common - (Ashton)
             72 tabs? when you can see at most 10 at a whack? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Something like that. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     I ended up having firefox get... - (folkert)