IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'The War Prayer' / Mark Twain
So then.. the tykes are to suppose that *GOD* shall naturally decimate the category, "Not-US" -- and that this is a given because.. We Be So Good / They Be So Bad ... forever etc. etc. (and various forms of rationalizations of what IS: a philosophy / theosophy matter with No Decent Solution
| thus quite unlike anything which 'Art' might connote, imply, Accept.

I. See. the basis of your predictable auto-sarcasm. Logic failed as did Reason. But not dogma.

Carrion, it's ripe
Wanna do the "purple majesties" and the "gleaming alabaster cities undimmed by human tears" ... while inculcating your anthems into nascent tyke minds?

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New I see...
...so a 12 year old draws a flag with "in God we Trust" and in our open and free society (free from religious persecution...I seem to remember that was one of the main reasons for folks to cross the pond" is now told that using the G word is offensive.

Obviously, you agree..and so the grand social experiment must have failed...because she was persecuted SPECIFICALLY for her religious belief.

Yes, thats a "good thing". Of course, had she drawn that flag and those words along with a picture of her two adopted daddies...that would probably be "enlightened".

Well, at least she got the colors right.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Umm . . . not exactly - in fact, not at all.
(free from religious persecution...I seem to remember that was one of the main reasons for folks to cross the pond
The reason for crossing was to enable them to be the persecuters - something they did very well indeed once established here. That was a major reason why the Constitution is so firm about matters of religious freedom.
New Suppose its half empty/half full
were being persecuted, got here and practiced turnabout...so catholics go here, protestants go there...and we straightened out somewhat about the time of the revolution.

Regardless...

You can't be punished or chastised based on religion. Seems that the base response now is that the only acceptable religion is no religion, not the freedom to believe anything you choose.
New Believe ... whatever fits your fancy
Start proselytizing with an aim to force others to your fav koans: Trouble Arises.

(We Know what's Best for the zygote in your womb, cha cha cha.)

(We just-Know that God Hates Fags, cha cha cha.)

( ____ )
(and like that.)

Pretty simple, really: ~*Golden Rule will do -- then eschew browbeating others to share your One True God?
Is that so HARD to grok to fullness?

* Not all that simple, either: what you might like "done to yourself" might be anathema to someone oriented Differently -- that should go without Saying, of course; surprisingly, it oft needs to be Said to the do-gooder/antagonist.

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Which side in this example
was doing the browbeating?

I think you have the situation perfectly reversed in your head.

But since the authority in this case is telling the girl that God is offensive...well thats the right kind of freedom for you.

(God or flag, nothing in story to determine which is worse to her)
New you are confused in CA learning islam in school
is not only acceptable but required, the kid was being admonished for getting an american flag anywhere near it
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New that explains it then...
she should have written Allah Akbar on the flag so as to not be offensive :)
     I'm glad the bay area crowd is so enlightened - (beepster) - (40)
         One person's a moron - (lincoln) - (31)
             Not really - (beepster)
             texass ring a bell? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                 Amen! - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                     dupe - thought I hit edit. -NT - (SpiceWare)
                 Yeah it does - (lincoln) - (6)
                     Yep, - (beepster)
                     Oops - (beepster)
                     Dupe -NT - (beepster) - (3)
                         You'll probably do it at least 3 times -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                             iPad error -NT - (beepster) - (1)
                                 First time I posted on Usenet, I sent the message 25 times. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Ok...how about round 2 for CA - (beepster) - (19)
                 well the flag is racist and divisive in a multicultural area -NT - (boxley)
                 Leaving info out - (lincoln) - (11)
                     Really - (beepster) - (10)
                         'The War Prayer' / Mark Twain - (Ashton) - (7)
                             I see... - (beepster) - (6)
                                 Umm . . . not exactly - in fact, not at all. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                     Suppose its half empty/half full - (beepster) - (4)
                                         Believe ... whatever fits your fancy - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             Which side in this example - (beepster) - (2)
                                                 you are confused in CA learning islam in school - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     that explains it then... - (beepster)
                         Re: Really - (lincoln) - (1)
                             doesn't really matter to me - (beepster)
                 Ebert's take. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     First story was posted then - (beepster)
                 Paul Harvey time - (Silverlock) - (3)
                     Oh - (drook)
                     not really - (boxley) - (1)
                         um..in a word...(heh)...Amen. -NT - (beepster)
         a note from someone who lives in the area - (boxley) - (7)
             so this isn't newsworthy - (beepster) - (6)
                 Rich is just one element - (mhuber) - (5)
                     So now a flag shirt - (beepster) - (4)
                         More like Coke shirt on Pepsi day - (mhuber) - (1)
                             Pretty much agree, and started that way - (beepster)
                         Re: So now a flag shirt... how quickly we forget - (boxley)
                         Context - (drook)

And now you see that Evil will always win, because Good is stupid.
73 ms