IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Jay Leno on 'my' Shadow - video
http://www.jaylenosg...ck-shadow/188134/

That is: an earlier pic of this *machine was almost detailed enough to read the S/N; thought it was that of my near-mint ex's: F10AB/1B/8679.
But later perusal couldn't really settle that. Haven't bothered to ask him to confirm. Bet he'd reply, too.

Anyway.. you can hear his description and also the machine, on a test ride.
His verbal description covers the ingenuity of the design -- and its unique performance in-the-day; poor person's Ferrari:
0-60 in 6 sec when Detroit iron was more like 16+.
It simply looked sinister. And, it was.

I see there are several websites now with more than most want to know about now 50 yo. bikes.
(Had I stored mine, as-was -- even without any quite minor detailing it would sell for $70K+; such is the thirst for really Bitchin timeless designs, in contrast to the me-too multi-cylinder mass-produced monsters du jour.. oft with no Soul. Lucky moi.. having a Shadow when there were places you could Use it, without scaring the natives or oneself. All that and decent Brakes, too.

* I bought off of eBay an autographed pic of Leno on same bike, just for fun. (It is not the side-view seen in a large format calendar, where the S/N was guesstimated.)

{sniff}

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Neat.
He had way too many toys... =:-O

It's good he knows so much about it, rather than just being a collector of rare baubles.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     And here is my preferred carry-case for the MBPro-20" - (Ashton) - (12)
         Looks like more fun - (beepster)
         Just be careful of that seventh gear... - (static)
         The steering wheel's upside-down. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             I love that line. -NT - (static)
             Vicariously lascivious -- Nice Find! - (Ashton) - (7)
                 Black Shadow | XK-120 | Train race! - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Neat! - (Another Scott)
                     That was a good story. - (static)
                     Thanks; Top Gear? I calls it Medium-rare Gear - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yeah it was fun. But it was rigged. - (Another Scott)
                     Jay Leno on 'my' Shadow - video - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Neat. - (Another Scott)

There are plenty of wrong people who just don't rate correction.
65 ms