IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The steering wheel's upside-down.
;-)

http://www.topgear.c...ideos/veyron-vmax

"The tires will only last 15 minutes, but that's Ok because the fuel will be gone in 12 minutes."

407 kph = 253 mph

Cheers,
Scott.
New I love that line.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Vicariously lascivious -- Nice Find!
10 radiators.. 4 turbos.. 1% of a tranche-assembling TheMarketWillCorrect crook's annual 'bonus'.. ... ...

Fortunately, when I pick it up in Paris I'll be only minutes away from E. Germany er.. VW's lovely 0-traffic road.
I think mine ought to be good for 410 kph, or I'll swap it for a slightly better build. EB would understand..
(Extremism in pursuit of Speed is no vice, as Barry G. once observed.)

Bitchin video; the fusslessness! ... the 200-300 kph in 9 sec -- can hear him talk! at 400.
Indeed, mankind lacks scale and relativity.

qed

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Black Shadow | XK-120 | Train race!
http://www.topgear.c...train-race-part-1

(Part 3 doesn't load and Part 6 quits before The End. {sigh} Couldn't find a Part 6!)

Anyway.. apparently nobody told the Vincent pilot about the compression release, ergo the sucker's having a bit of a do starting the sucker. Ignorance costs. Shadow's a bit neglected, but seems to run properly.

Fun stuff.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Neat!
Gotta go to Australia for Part 3 - http://www.topgear.c...train-race-part-3

There is no Part 6. But there is a Part 4/4 which has most of the end. http://www.youtube.c...tch?v=tOfFbLj7-4E (low quality, unfortunately).

Very entertaining. Thanks!

Cheers,
Scott.
New That was a good story.
Saw it when it aired down unda. Jeremy clearly got a new appreciation for driving steam trains. He worked hard in that one. :-)

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
New Thanks; Top Gear? I calls it Medium-rare Gear
Kinda Alzheimerish for them to omit a proper closing.

Now, had my Shadow been there (on any day) and with a even slightly familiar rider ...
(And.. it seems that the VOC / er, owners' club have now reproduced the full inventory, built a New pukka Shadow out of spares to prove it -- promptly sold same to some lucky Anzac.)

Ergo, the Beat Goes On! (make a good song title..)
Maybe when the last of the Tektronix tube-type scopes is switched on, working just fine in 2050, there will be a Vincent in the hovercraft parking lot.

Vrooooom

-- via RC
New Yeah it was fun. But it was rigged.
Richard had to put on his leathers while the others were leaving. I'm sure that James and Jeremy didn't have leathers sitting around - it was clear they decided who was driving and who was shoveling before-hand.

It should have been closer. :-)

Neat bike, though. I see why you rave about it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Jay Leno on 'my' Shadow - video
http://www.jaylenosg...ck-shadow/188134/

That is: an earlier pic of this *machine was almost detailed enough to read the S/N; thought it was that of my near-mint ex's: F10AB/1B/8679.
But later perusal couldn't really settle that. Haven't bothered to ask him to confirm. Bet he'd reply, too.

Anyway.. you can hear his description and also the machine, on a test ride.
His verbal description covers the ingenuity of the design -- and its unique performance in-the-day; poor person's Ferrari:
0-60 in 6 sec when Detroit iron was more like 16+.
It simply looked sinister. And, it was.

I see there are several websites now with more than most want to know about now 50 yo. bikes.
(Had I stored mine, as-was -- even without any quite minor detailing it would sell for $70K+; such is the thirst for really Bitchin timeless designs, in contrast to the me-too multi-cylinder mass-produced monsters du jour.. oft with no Soul. Lucky moi.. having a Shadow when there were places you could Use it, without scaring the natives or oneself. All that and decent Brakes, too.

* I bought off of eBay an autographed pic of Leno on same bike, just for fun. (It is not the side-view seen in a large format calendar, where the S/N was guesstimated.)

{sniff}

-- via RC
New Neat.
He had way too many toys... =:-O

It's good he knows so much about it, rather than just being a collector of rare baubles.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     And here is my preferred carry-case for the MBPro-20" - (Ashton) - (12)
         Looks like more fun - (beepster)
         Just be careful of that seventh gear... - (static)
         The steering wheel's upside-down. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             I love that line. -NT - (static)
             Vicariously lascivious -- Nice Find! - (Ashton) - (7)
                 Black Shadow | XK-120 | Train race! - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Neat! - (Another Scott)
                     That was a good story. - (static)
                     Thanks; Top Gear? I calls it Medium-rare Gear - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yeah it was fun. But it was rigged. - (Another Scott)
                     Jay Leno on 'my' Shadow - video - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Neat. - (Another Scott)

Where did you want to go yesterday?
375 ms