IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Trans fat doesn't taste better than butter, lard or bacon
That's why these are two different issues. Yes, unfortunately a lot of people don't know enough of the science to understand the difference. And yes, some of those people get to write laws. That's true of everything.

If no one is allowed to write or vote on a law when there is a possibility that someone may not understand what they're voting on, then yes, you are saying that there should be no laws.
--

Drew
New I miss Brandioch!
His meta-Boolean skillz, when er, brandished amidst any semantically-convoluted propositions ...
like this thread ...
could slit you from your *guzzle to your zatch..

* Bonus points for Author / no lazy dbase searching.

Still think that 'Our" Finest Hour(s) occurred pre-IWE, at the 'accretion-point':
amidst the slings n'arrows of various excoriations on the InfoWorld NT-is-The-Futchah!/Sandy Reed tourneys;
believe the first God Depositions occurred there too, in the waning days of that (by then embattled) site.

The net was cast wide, as wide as the whole IW readership; most knew quite well what InfoWorld had originally been, something of an oasis from the Ad-speak distortions..
til Billy bought the IW Suits, lock, stock and Ballmer; then the OS/2 Vote-fixes and Sandy Reed-as-Cheney. Such lovely windmills to tilt-at.

Wasn't it Brandioch who came up with ~~ The [ambiguously-gay] Duo?
-- forget exact phrase, re. that columnist-pair of M$ shills and their specious reasoning on the IT koans of the day.

(Exchanged several e-mails with him after he abandoned IWE, but haven't talked to him in years;
recent quotes suggest that his brain hadn't caught afflenza during the turgid Eight Years of Nothingness.)
New Archive.org doesn't have much of InfoWorld, unfortunatley.
My recollection is that it was the two fellows writing about "security". I want to say that he (as khasim?) called them the "security twins", but I thought it was more cutting than that.

E.g. http://web.archive.o...rity/security.htm

Google and Altavista seem to have purged old stuff like that, if they ever had it. :-/ Perhaps the 'net does forget over time after all....

Yeah, he still seems as sharp as ever.

Brandioch is still active out in the ether (on Schneier and he apparently has a Facebook page, among other stuff).

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep, that's the 'Duo'
and the image tends to evoke the suggestive tag, perhaps along with some of their replies in the Forum -- merely a bagatelle for repartee, and not your average bigoted entrée.

I looked, years back, at the once-called Wayback-machine; it was pretty empty even then, so Yesss -- mere mythos about the elephantine memory of the webvertainment industry.

Ashton's Law:
The probability of your finding an item is inverse to the degree of your interest and the inverse-square of the cruciality of the missing datum.

(There may also be a C-constant [Consternation] related to time-consumption of ultimately profitless searches:
those which are seen to be affected by the search-order of the verbless phrases, but along with AEinstein
-- I fear that including this Consternation Factor might lead an impressionable one closer to Super-String Theory, breaking thus many meta-connections among otherwise functional neurons.)

But I digress.

Slip sliding away... - (beepster) - (45)
         Doesn't say that customers can't use salt. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             why should it matter? - (beepster) - (3)
                 People have no idea what's in their food. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     me I like fries that are cooked in beef tallow nlots of salt -NT - (boxley)
                 It's called "judgement" - (drook)
         So many problems - (drook) - (25)
             No. - (beepster) - (22)
                 Boggle - (drook) - (21)
                     Re: Boggle - (beepster) - (1)
                         Both arguments being made re: ZT policies - (drook)
                     I think there is some confusion - (mhuber) - (18)
                         Ding ding ding ... we have a winner -NT - (drook) - (17)
                             Interestingly enough - (beepster) - (16)
                                 Where do you see faith? - (drook) - (14)
                                     Your ease.. - (beepster) - (13)
                                         Hard not to think you oppose *any* legislation - (drook) - (12)
                                             Give that a "sort of" - (beepster) - (11)
                                                 Horse's mouth. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                     What? - (beepster) - (5)
                                                         Don't know where you got the recipe for the stock - (hnick)
                                                         It is worded a little clumsy. Excerpts from the WHO report. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                             I thought you only tried that semantic game with BO quotes - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                 Heh. It's moot. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     im with you, people should sell rotted food only :-) -NT - (boxley)
                                                 Trans fat doesn't taste better than butter, lard or bacon - (drook) - (3)
                                                     I miss Brandioch! - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         Archive.org doesn't have much of InfoWorld, unfortunatley. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Yep, that's the 'Duo' - (Ashton)
                                 That faith is well-placed - (mhuber)
             >>> If you let a 5-year-old point his finger ... - (dmcarls) - (1)
                 Recent events suggest a question -- - (Ashton)
         strange, beep... - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Oh, I dunno - (beepster)
             thats muslim kenya usurper to you -NT - (boxley)
         There goes Pickles... or *ANYTHING* that's soaked in a Brine - (folkert) - (4)
             New! New!! . . . . . . Fresh Water Taffy !!! - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Bread. Canned goods. Oatmeal. Pasta -NT - (beepster)
             This whole salt thing is ridiculous. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 See #25948. :-) - (Another Scott)
         NewScientist Opinion piece on salt. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Here's the problem - (drook) - (2)
                 Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     As long as we don't do a Pascal's Wager on salt - (drook)
             salt intake vs food poisoning, interesting dilemma -NT - (boxley)
             There's a side issue. - (static)

This is why I am in therapy.
149 ms