IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What makes economics very different from physical sciences
Elements in the system (people) are aware of the "rules" of the system and consciously alter their behavior in response to what they believe the rules to be.
--

Drew
New welcome to quantum physics
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New That's not how quantum physics works.
There are strong, well-understood rules and equations that will give you the answer to a quantum mechanics problem. The answer includes a probability.

http://en.wikipedia....B6dinger_equation

As Drew said, Economics tries to apply mathematics to Calvinball. The players are always changing the rules.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: That's not how quantum physics works.
yes it is, the answer depends on the observation. Is the cat dead or not?
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Economics is not falsifiable
--

Drew
New What? ever hear of ponzi?
New It's both.
Observation collapses the wave function. It doesn't change the physics.

More: http://en.wikipedia....%B6dinger%27s_cat

Cheers,
Scott.
     Economic theory is based on faulty mathematics. - (Another Scott) - (27)
         Economics is not sufficiently reality based . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Personally, I think that it depends on the economist's - (jake123) - (2)
                 too bad it only applies to economists not climatologists :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     That's why I pay attention when they say that - (jake123)
         That got complex *very* quickly. - (static)
         Appears to be - (beepster) - (21)
             I thought that might get a rise out of you. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (15)
                 hmm, Mises by the backdoor -NT - (boxley)
                 I know who he is... - (beepster) - (13)
                     I read it a little differently. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                         like I always said about climate models - (boxley) - (11)
                             The analogy is bad. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                 What makes economics very different from physical sciences - (drook) - (6)
                                     welcome to quantum physics -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                         That's not how quantum physics works. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Re: That's not how quantum physics works. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Economics is not falsifiable -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     What? ever hear of ponzi? -NT - (boxley)
                                                 It's both. - (Another Scott)
                                 climatology isnt herd mentality? bwahahahaha - (boxley) - (2)
                                     So run it against history. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         thanx, downloaded will review -NT - (boxley)
             I don't think so - (drook)
             Re: Appears to be - (What-are-Dice?) - (3)
                 Welcome - (crazy)
                 Introduce yourself, please! - (folkert)
                 welcome to the non herd -NT - (boxley)

"Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony."
129 ms