IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think the commenters on jc's blog are missing the point
http://www.washingto...122302439_pf.html
All that is required for the Democratic Party to recover its political footing is to acknowledge that the agenda of the party's most liberal supporters has not won the support of a majority of Americans -- and, based on that recognition, to steer a more moderate course on the key issues of the day, from health care to the economy to the environment to Afghanistan.

For liberals to accept that inescapable reality is not to concede permanent defeat. Rather, let them take it as a sign that they must continue the hard work of slowly and steadily persuading their fellow citizens to embrace their perspective. In the meantime, liberals -- and, indeed, all of us -- should have the humility to recognize that there is no monopoly on good ideas, as well as the long-term perspective to know that intraparty warfare will only relegate the Democrats to minority status, which would be disastrous for the very constituents they seek to represent.
New Liberals don't want to hear that
That is partially true, but liberals don't want to hear that. They remember Bush pushing through a lot of his agenda despite having a minority much of the time. Now that the Democrats have a fairly large majority, the liberals want some of their agenda pushed through. They are not getting it, and they are starting to get angry about it.

Jay
     I agree with JC - FDL's gone off the rails. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Perhaps the final side-effect of HFCS? - (Ashton)
         FDL? and no rahm is obama's dog not the other way round -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             FDL = FireDogLake - (Silverlock) - (1)
                 Ah, mass vs hysterics thingy -NT - (boxley)
         I think the commenters on jc's blog are missing the point - (boxley) - (1)
             Liberals don't want to hear that - (jay)

Battling CRC is the honor of Viking combat!
73 ms