IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's odd
When the proposed solution is expensive, or involves restrictions in what you want to do, then global warming doesn't actually exist. Yet when someone comes up with an idea that's cheap and doesn't affect you, suddenly global warming is real, is caused by man, and is completely solved by this new proposal.
--

Drew
New show me a link where I said it doesnt exist?
The earth cools and warms, from the medival warming period (it really existed) to the following little iceage to warming thru 2000 and cooling (slightly) since. A lot of soot is manmade, and melts snow and clogs lungs.
Man is causing global warming via C02? No chance that 4% of a gas that occupies 5% of the atmosphere will have much effect.
thanx,
bill
New Gotta consider the physics.
It's more than just the concentration that matters, it's the energy states of the molecules. Glass is transparent - it passes visible radiation. Aluminum is opaque - it absorbs or reflects visible radiation.

CO2 has energy levels that absorb and reflect infrared radiation. Even a small concentration can have a significant effect on heat loss from the Earth.

More here: http://www.wag.calte...chem/infrared.htm

and here: http://www.aip.org/h...y/climate/co2.htm

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New if that is correct then homeopathy is good medicine :-)
New Hardy.
Quantum mechanics and homeopathy are alike the same way plywood is like roast beef.

:-(

Homeopathy says that some sort of essence of a material remains even when the molecules are gone. It's bogus.

IR spectroscopy and the IR characteristics of materials is real science based on the same physics as quantum mechanics. You know, the same physics that explains how transistors can be made in silicon.

Cheers,
Scott.
New just greenin ya
taking care of the soot goes a long way towards slowing Himalayan glaciel melt. Air pollution is a problem. Clean stoves does a lot more for the environment than tax cap and trade
     fix global warming for 15 billion, tops - (boxley) - (10)
         That's odd - (drook) - (5)
             show me a link where I said it doesnt exist? - (boxley) - (4)
                 Gotta consider the physics. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     if that is correct then homeopathy is good medicine :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Hardy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             just greenin ya - (boxley)
         Hmmm... - (Another Scott) - (3)
             so stopping air pollution is not a good idea? - (boxley) - (2)
                 Pollution is bad. We agree. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     the 100 billion dollar tax will do exactly what? - (boxley)

tar: Premature end of archive
45 ms