IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Where do you stop?
What he says he wants and what the rules will establish and allow are nearly always 2 completely different things.

Is the next step that noone can bid on government contract unless they agree to some arbitrary gov't pay scheme? Certainly gov't money is "involved" there as well.

Is the followup that a gov't sponsored healthcare plan is built, companies end up enrolling...then, in order to stay in without penalty the gov't forces their wage scale.

This cat won't go back in the bag...and advantage is being taken of the attitude you show of "serves them right" to put us on the slope in the first place.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Difference between ownership and contracting
These companies wouldn't exist without the intervention, and the people running them have seemed to different goals than the new owners.

Us.

So it is up to us to make sure they don't screw us AGAIN. Which means make the "top" level unattractive to the sharks. There are VERY few people that this impacts and those people are not necessarily the people that we want in place anyway.

And while I know you think $200,000 is low for some key areas of the country (and I agree with you), is is very high for the regions that have been hit by the car problems. I would expect that a few people get more after they renegotiate, and the perks will be buried without being directly attributable to the person.

If the feds did not come in, the vast majority of these people would be out of work, along with the line workers. You may say they are well recruited, but they also have a LOT of competition from other people, people who don't have the same interests as them, people who know that you need a little constructive destruction before you can stop repeating the same mistakes. So I suspect the feds have many resumes in their pocket, waiting to see what positions open up after the shit settles. No idea if the new people will be better or worse than the old people, but we already know the old people were bad at what they were doing.

I think the term ossified applies.

So this is probably one step of many squeezing them out without firing them directly.
New Many contractors wouldn't exist
without the government contracts.

And if the goal is to get them out, get them out.

New Whoa
I said that was the difference.

While I am aware of a variety of rules on contractors as they push diversity, this issue isn't concerning them, just the banks and autos.

The feds own the banks and autos at this point. Simple as that. Without the fed money they would not exist, at least not without a dramatic convulsion of downsizing and brain drain. Whoever signs the paycheck gets to set the rate and tell the employees what their jobs are. Don't like it? Quit. Same thing you'd tell any employee of any entity, right?
New They don't own controlling interest
they own alot, but not 51% of CITI, for example..number is under 35. So it isn't like the boss coming in and setting wages. While you pretend this is how it is, they are NOT signing the paychecks. May have made it possible for there to be paychecks...but that doesn't mean they are signing them. Sorry.
New Um...
You agree that they wouldn't exist without the US bailout. Yet you say that the US doesn't have control. You are aware, I'm sure, that the US structured the bailout so that it wouldn't have control, by design. The politics of the arrangement is very different from the actual finances.

Citibank's market cap is $102B - http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=c

The US has effectively dumped over $300B into the firm - http://www.cbsnews.c...main4629267.shtml

It's ours in all but name. The management there may grumble, but they know they have no choice - as a result of their own actions.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Politics vs Rules
it makes a difference.

It also makes a difference in that some have made attempts to pay back these funds, and some didn't want them in the first place...but now they are all subject to this.

If what these people did was criminal. Put them in jail. Now you are simply allowing your prejudice against their actions drive a change in policy that is simply counter to the fundamentals of the econ system. If I had any confidence that it would stop here, I would likely agree with this group...I have zero, more likely negative faith that it will stop here.

How "washington as usual" does it have to get before you all figure out this "change" thing was a sham?
     Looks like they'll be some exec jobs opening up - (beepster) - (47)
         If he hasn't stored enough already to be liquid ... - (drook) - (1)
             when a clerk makes more ... - (beepster)
         Pay for Performance has its downside, too. -NT - (Another Scott) - (42)
             Interesting take on gov't mandated pay. - (beepster) - (41)
                 It's already in place in many areas. - (Another Scott) - (40)
                     I have no issue... - (beepster) - (39)
                         Suppose *anyone else* had fronted the money - (drook) - (38)
                             What world are... - (folkert)
                             is there a point there? - (beepster) - (36)
                                 Sounds like Circuit City? - (folkert) - (2)
                                     Not really, nobody would give CC any money at all. - (beepster) - (1)
                                         The time they... - (folkert)
                                 "Top performers"? Really? - (drook) - (19)
                                     There's no definition attached - (beepster) - (18)
                                         Saying that government money is "involved" ... - (drook) - (7)
                                             Where do you stop? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                 Difference between ownership and contracting - (crazy) - (5)
                                                     Many contractors wouldn't exist - (beepster) - (4)
                                                         Whoa - (crazy) - (3)
                                                             They don't own controlling interest - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                 Um... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Politics vs Rules - (beepster)
                                         Details from Bloomberg. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Wish I could download that - (drook) - (1)
                                                 FlashGot should grab it for you. - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: There's no definition attached - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (6)
                                             so back to gas lines? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Actually your both wrong - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (3)
                                                     Re: Actually your both wrong - (beepster) - (2)
                                                         Chuckle - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv) - (1)
                                                             repos that used to be democrats maybe - (boxley)
                                             that makes it all better - (beepster)
                                 That's not what's happening. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                     I'll tell you why! - (crazy) - (11)
                                         If you choose not to see it - (beepster) - (10)
                                             I had a great response - (crazy) - (2)
                                                 To be safe, one needs to use an external editor to post. - (Another Scott)
                                                 Got that too - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv)
                                             So THIS is where tho corner is being turned? - (mhuber) - (6)
                                                 This is pretty blatant - (beepster) - (5)
                                                     Your rose colored glasses are pretty foggy. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         I don't watch them - (beepster)
                                                     No, I don't think I'm overzealous - (mhuber) - (2)
                                                         Just so I've got this straight ... - (drook) - (1)
                                                             IRLRPD. - (Another Scott)
         Dean Baker reminds us of the obvious. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             It can't be zero - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv)

I Palindrome I.
78 ms