IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No clue what promise you are referring to
So it's tough for me to remember it.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't part of the collective we/you no matter what.

Be specific. And then I'll research, find the loopholes, and then argue for the fun of it. Or not, and I'll drop it.

So what you seem to be saying is we should get the hell out, and leave them alone, and let them spend their mineral wealth however they see fit. Which is the standard request for any native people.

No prob. Give them back to Russia. In 1867. Let's see how many native people would be left had that happened. Hmmm.

None. Go ahead, look into any other Russian mineral wealth areas. The native populations are fairing a hell of a lot worse.

Either way, you sure as hell didn't address any of my points, and merely tossed of a generic bullshit answer.

Oh well. My daughter whines to hear herself, and possible annoy others in the process. I explained to her that I was not going to respond to any of her stupid barbs this evening. She was not amused.

I was.
Expand Edited by crazy Aug. 14, 2009, 10:19:19 PM EDT
New hey you just soved a bunch of problems
obama gives alaska to to the russians, we use white trash as cannon fodder to get our country back, obama gets impeached.
1971 alaska native claims settlement act is the treaty in question

New They made a deal with Nixon?
Morons.

Would you buy a used car from that man?
New hey you'all needed an oil pipeline
otherwise we would still be sinking into our own shit even deeper than now
New The problem is obvious in our discussions
You have a specific Alaskan view point. Any problems that are universal to the country, that we'd might need to discuss and ultimately fix, somehow, maybe, possibly, are then cast in the light of Alaska VS the rest of the country.

Healthcare is a huge issue right now, everyone's talking about it.

From your perspective, the Alaskan mineral rights should fund the Alaskan state, focusing on the original people. Any solution you come up with simply cannot be applied to the rest of the country.

There is simply no point in discussing these things with you unless it is to trigger silly arguments.
New nice way to avoid prior agreed upon obligations
yeah, we stole yer shit but that was a long time ago get over it so we can shaft you in the present.
yup no point in discussing that
New So...
...its ok for one person or small minority to wag the dog when it suits your purpose...but when its inconvenient those few should just get over it.

Nice.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Nope, just can't be wrapped in 1 "issue"
Important issues should be settled, and it is not really up to me to determine what's important. I just hate to see them wrapped together.

It is like when they add a bunch of riders on a must pass bill. It isn't really dealing with one of the issues, it is being added to the must pass portion. And I doubt most people read them, they just made a deal with their various influence groups to vote for or against.

And then the effect snowballs, since everyone is making deals to add their stuff to it.

I want them treated separately, that's all.
     Obama's cabinet tours hooper bay - (boxley) - (23)
         Re: Obama's cabinet tours hooper bay - (lincoln) - (12)
             why? they arnt blocking native firms from bidding on work -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                 I'm just amazed that they weren't aware of that - (jake123) - (1)
                     Oh, you mean common sensibility? - (folkert)
                 Re: why? they arnt blocking native firms from bidding on wor - (lincoln) - (8)
                     the lincoln orifice of coarse - (boxley) - (7)
                         Re: the lincoln orifice of coarse - (lincoln) - (6)
                             Re: the lincoln orifice of coarse - (boxley) - (5)
                                 WTF? - (crazy) - (4)
                                     dont get all excited - (boxley) - (3)
                                         total BS from you with heavy whining - (lincoln) - (2)
                                             so instead of drivebye demofacism - (boxley)
                                             too funny - (beepster)
         This is annoying to me - (crazy) - (9)
             Oh, okay - (boxley) - (8)
                 No clue what promise you are referring to - (crazy) - (7)
                     hey you just soved a bunch of problems - (boxley) - (6)
                         They made a deal with Nixon? - (crazy) - (5)
                             hey you'all needed an oil pipeline - (boxley) - (4)
                                 The problem is obvious in our discussions - (crazy) - (3)
                                     nice way to avoid prior agreed upon obligations - (boxley)
                                     So... - (beepster) - (1)
                                         Nope, just can't be wrapped in 1 "issue" - (crazy)

It so happens I'm half Chinese, half Cajun. There probably isn't an animal that creeps through the forest of swims in the water that's safe from me.
93 ms