IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So more people support what he is doing than voted for him?
Cool.

And yes, swept is exactly what he got. As opposed to stole via brother's governership and Katherine Harris.

Here's a key issue that you seem to forget. More people disagree with you than agree with you, and those numbers are getting larger on the social side as the older people die off. Standard generational change. The financial fluctuates, but the social advances. The culture war (and it is a war, people do die from it) is what triggers most people to vote, both on the right and the left. Everything else is details until people lose jobs. Then they get pissed.

So as the revolt against (and revulsion of) of the Christian dominated government happens, and we spend some time throwing aside 8 years of poor decision making, we will find out if the rational players or the true believers can get the hearts and minds to the people. Or if another "I BELIEVE" asshole jumps in and scares enough people to counteract the growing non-religious base.

Yeah, you'll give the standard "but I hated (or disagreed, etc) with Bush too", and pretend we don't notice the level of support you give to his policies, no matter how badly enacted. Occasionally you seem to pretend to not care either way, when someone calls you to task on it, but the bottom line, he (and repubs in general) are more closely aligned to your world view. So matter how bad they do, it is the lesser evil to you, so you seem to try support it without being overt about it.

Well, not really. You are very overt for the most part (to us), but seem to be embarassed and deny it. Which should really make you think, are you really choosing the lesser evil? If abortion is your litmus test, then I assume you can always vote that way, and not care. But then you spend an awful amount of time defending the rest of the crap that happens from the same belief system.

Those numbers are a tipping point. We find out in 2 years (mid-term elections) whether or not the public continues to support or yanks back.
New why wait
he won the independents the dems didnt have the numbers
http://www.rasmussen...ial_tracking_poll
since there is now almost more old farts as a percentage of population than ever before your other point doesnt make it either
New I simply responded to Beep's numbers
I know any number from any survey is suspect, driven by the questions.

My comment on cultural issues remains. Older people die. Attitudes concerning rebellion any type of organised religion (which then leads to independent thinking) is the typical path. Almost all children wake up and stop believing in Santa Claus sooner or later. The same thought process happens in some adults for the rest of the sky pixies. Those that it doesn't, oh well, they weren't strong competitors anyway unless they are clinging to their group. Or outbreeding the rest. But more kids == more people to turn away from the bullshit, sooner or later. At least to me.

This cycles back and forth, which each swing being a bit louder. The non-religious can't really understand how bad it can be, so they aren't very active. Until we experience something like King George, and then it pushes them into action.

So we get to see how the other side reacts now. Will we find some hidden majority? Will another Karl Rove show up and weave the various fighting factions together to elect someone as bad as Bush? Sure, it could happen. But now there is enough people who have seen it once, and will fight it.

New Think you went a bit further than that...
..into the common theme of placing me on a side and then pretending the other side is this "vast majority". In pure numbers, yes 52 and 54% are more...but it isn't vast by any stretch of the imagination.

And, in general, Rep will be alot closer to Libertarian than the Democrats will be, so saying I will generally like more of what they do than less is quite possibly fair...but it misses the entire point I make over and over and over again...which you seem to think is pretend. View #1 is that Washington is bad. It doesn't matter which side. And if we can solve a problem without them getting involved, we should...because they are more likely than not going to muck it up even worse.

I would be equally critical of this stimulus had it come from Bush, as I was with the initial bank bailout that did come from Bush. Hell, we're still dealing with that impact on the hospitality industry (which is huge) because all of a sudden "meetings" became taboo...even the ones that had a real purpose, agenda and benefit.

I can't wait to see what lands in this cap&trade bill that has nothing to do with environmental change...already we are hearing of the huge amount of pork and earmark in healthcare.

All stuff that was supposed to go away...change...you know?

Right. Its inside the beltway. The only change we get is to our expectation that things would be different, somehow.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Actually, the incoming old farts . . .
. . are quite different from the outgoing ones. Outgoing are the WWII knee-jerk patriots, incoming are the Vietnam generation.
New Yay. Good point. Thanks.
     good question - (boxley) - (46)
         Not his problem. - (beepster) - (45)
             That's what Dubya did -NT - (lincoln) - (44)
                 and that makes it ok. - (beepster) - (43)
                     No, it means certain people don't get to make that argument - (drook) - (3)
                         Re: No, it means certain people don't get to make that argum - (beepster) - (2)
                             Context matters. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 Get current numbers. - (beepster)
                     It may be. It may not. - (crazy) - (26)
                         ah, the magik surplus that never existed - (boxley) - (23)
                             Not to you - (crazy) - (16)
                                 if you remove payroll taxes collected - (boxley) - (1)
                                     No gridlock for me - (crazy)
                                 Hmmmm - (beepster) - (13)
                                     they deserve a shot - (boxley) - (6)
                                         "he is trying and failing" - (crazy) - (5)
                                             if you can get 3-1 or better patriots - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 6%? Decades? Maybe - (crazy) - (3)
                                                     so a much smaller population making less money - (boxley) - (2)
                                                         For a while - (crazy) - (1)
                                                             not really kid used his own money for the house - (boxley)
                                     So more people support what he is doing than voted for him? - (crazy) - (5)
                                         why wait - (boxley) - (4)
                                             I simply responded to Beep's numbers - (crazy) - (1)
                                                 Think you went a bit further than that... - (beepster)
                                             Actually, the incoming old farts . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 Yay. Good point. Thanks. -NT - (crazy)
                             Depends on how you look at it. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 those fugures are counting soc and med remittances - (boxley) - (4)
                                     No, they're not. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         from your link - (boxley) - (2)
                                             That's not a contradiction to there being a surplus. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                 I disagree but you knew that :-) -NT - (boxley)
                         Lots of stuff there. I'll attack it later today. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         I can't read their minds. - (Another Scott)
                     And Beep's plan is/was? - (Another Scott) - (11)
                         1.2T - (beepster) - (10)
                             You need to write more words. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                 20s and 30s - (beepster) - (3)
                                     I guess you weren't kidding. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         required reading, "catch 22" then come back - (boxley)
                                         Jobs Jobs Jobs Jobs - (beepster)
                                 Question on those numbers - (drook) - (1)
                                     Let's see... - (Another Scott)
                             Krugman: The Stimulus Trap. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Re: Krugman: He is still an idiot - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Agreed - (beepster)

Everybody knows the 'Linux' facade is just the skorry chepooka, til we shvat the strack of Vesch 6.66a.
73 ms