IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh, the asshole argument is ongoing
Her definition of an asshole is someone who won't let her get away with bullshit and does it in an comined authoritarian/logical manner.

Either of us is "allowed" to be right, but I prefer multiple sources of evidence to prove it. Which I'm happy to provide. She has a combination of magical thinking and incredible brains. And an ability to talk until your ears bleed.

All people are dumber than her, or so it seems to her until she met me. Which really means she's been hanging out with the wrong people, but we'll fix that when we move.

I'm sure she's a lot smarter than me, actually, but it'll take some time to instill real logic into her. It's like programming a somewhat faulty supercomputer. You gotta carve out the old pathways, isolate them, kill them, and build new ones.

She could convince most people almost anything.

Know anyone like that?

So part of the process is tuning my approach. It's ok, I got time.
Expand Edited by crazy July 1, 2009, 10:19:45 PM EDT
New Why no...
Know anyone like that?

Why no, we don't know a *SINGLE* person on the board like that!
New Not necessarily
She could convince most people almost anything.

There's differences between convince, persuade, and wear down. "Talk until your ears bleed" sounds more like "wear down". Which is good for a vacuum cleaner salesman, but not for anything where you have to still agree once she leaves the room.

You should watch "Thank You For Smoking" with her. Then ask her, "Now, he never lost an argument. Does that mean anyone actually believes him?" That's the difference. You can "win" an argument and still not "convince" anyone.
--

Drew
New I bought Thankyou for Smoking
And watched it with her.

The lesson was different. She doesn't mind anyone not believing, and she knows she is playing to the audience. She learned she could always win if she phrased it right.

After hearing about my brother's dual masters in counseling and human resouces, and his incredible ability to manipulate people, she wanted to know if she could get better at it that way.

Earbleeds are for relatives. She's a silent watcher, until the moment of strike.

She usually presents to the primary target, but makes sure there are witnesses. She's spent a lot of time in the principal's office, hanging out, getting credit for the class the was supposed to be in until I had issues with the teacher.

Which meant a lot of ammo when the time was right.

The magical thinking stuff, whether religious or the latest wive's tale she's repeating, is what I want to have her think about and analyze.

We had a good discussion today on my ability to be politic with others, but not her. It is simply because it is a waste of time. I dive into the matter with her, but would not do it the same way if I was presenting to a group.

Which then led to a simple realization that I have all the time in the world with her, and by kicking up her defences in that matter it wasn't doing any good anyway.

We had a great day today,and I didn't even let her ride my new toy. Too dangerous, and too expensive when she crashes it. 6 hours in a car, heavy traffic, and lots of smiles.
     Got my new toy - (crazy) - (11)
         Disposable income, much? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
             It comes - (crazy)
         Looks like fun. - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Why, so I an be an organ donor? - (crazy) - (5)
                 it took her 10 minutes? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                     Oh, the asshole argument is ongoing - (crazy) - (3)
                         Why no... - (folkert)
                         Not necessarily - (drook) - (1)
                             I bought Thankyou for Smoking - (crazy)
         seems like the range isnt that good, you get a 2nd battery? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             I only need 2 miles to school - (crazy)

Determined absurdity.
95 ms