IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If installed from scratch, the name change doesn't matter
Running through the whole setup procedure will produce a different machine security ID compared to the old box. AD wouldn't recognize it as the old machine if the name has been changed as well. OTOH, if some type of imaging was used, then it may be getting confused if the SID wasn't changed.

What I don't know is what will happen if there are duplicated SID's in play and you try to remove one from the domain (i.e. the duplicates may start to show problems as well.)
New No imaging - and one of the problem machines . . .
. . was formatted and installed from scratch with a new motherboard.
New More than one? Check the DC logs + the everything user
As to the rights of the user with "everything", you can find out via the AD Users & Computers MMC snap-in if she's a domain admin (and if not, who is). If that snap-in can't be found, any LDAP browser can be used against the DC to obtain the same information, but you do have to authenticate.
     Active Directory - looking for a hint. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         I'm afraid you'll need the server logs - (scoenye) - (1)
             Take this advice first then its a road trip. - (folkert)
         machine name has changed - (boxley) - (6)
             Yeah, that's what I was suspecting. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 When I used to do this... - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     If I knew the old name . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 If installed from scratch, the name change doesn't matter - (scoenye) - (2)
                     No imaging - and one of the problem machines . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         More than one? Check the DC logs + the everything user - (scoenye)

China.
158 ms