IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm afraid you'll need the server logs
It's pretty much the only place where you may find a clue. My suggestion would be for them to remove the PC from the domain, reboot, reattach it to the domain and try again before you go downtown. If they tried to change the PC's name at the same time as adding it to the domain, then the registration has a tendency to get screwed up. It 'll show in the AD tree, but user logins on such a PC can experience weirdness.
New Take this advice first then its a road trip.
Changing machine names tends to play nasty tricks with AD. Its doesn;t handle Aliases well which is what happens to the "old name" pointing to the "new name" sometimes it gets done the other way depending on multiple machine/server setup and peering setup for AD. The Old Name pointing at the New name is the way it shoudl be.

BTW, this goes back to the wonderful days of AD not being AD but just NT domains. They tried to copy the NDS way of doing aliases... or... umm something references... in any case, NDS always handled it beautifully.
     Active Directory - looking for a hint. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         I'm afraid you'll need the server logs - (scoenye) - (1)
             Take this advice first then its a road trip. - (folkert)
         machine name has changed - (boxley) - (6)
             Yeah, that's what I was suspecting. - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 When I used to do this... - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     If I knew the old name . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 If installed from scratch, the name change doesn't matter - (scoenye) - (2)
                     No imaging - and one of the problem machines . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         More than one? Check the DC logs + the everything user - (scoenye)

He clearly said, "To blave".
52 ms