IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New At least it isn't *cold* fusion.
Alex

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of
thought which they avoid." -- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)
New Aw, I was totally psyched
when cold fusion was announced. I still don't think it was meant as a hoax, though it may have been an observational anamoly that Pons and Fleishman never understood... I seem to remember that while nobody could duplicate thier results, there were 'oddities', though for the life of me I can't remember what they were. (I could be wrong - when nothing panned out I stopped paying attention to the 'scandal')

I hope this one goes further - fusion would solve a lot of problems, especially if it turned out to be relatively clean...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New There were a couple of labs that said they duplicated
There was an Italian lab, I know, and I thought there were a couple of others who observed *something*. Explaining whatever that something was fell apart when more and more labs tried to duplicate it and couldn't.

The people in this particular experiment at least submitted it to Science and had some sort of review - but they still are making the mistake of not having independant duplication of the results.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
     Mr. Fusion is here? - (marlowe) - (10)
         At least it isn't *cold* fusion. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Aw, I was totally psyched - (imric) - (1)
                 There were a couple of labs that said they duplicated - (wharris2)
         Not yet - (imric)
         Aw, poop - (marlowe) - (5)
             Why the hostile reactions? - (drewk) - (3)
                 presumably `coz they can't reproduce the result. - (marlowe)
                 Re: Why the hostile reactions? - (a6l6e6x)
                 Hostile reactions == Science - (Ric Locke)
             Re: it's nowhere near ready for beta. - (bbronson)

It doesn’t get tagged as pathological, even if using it means you ignore actual people.
97 ms