IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New wtf is Adobe 'AIR' ??
-- which they say, in very-small print, they will "need" to install to go from Macromedia 9. xx --> 10.0.22.87

(The BBC player starts to load stuff and then flakes out -- on 9.x)

Per http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/air/

Adobe® AIR® is a cross-operating system runtime that lets developers combine HTML, Ajax, Adobe Flash®, and Adobe Flex® technologies to deploy rich Internet applications (RIAs) on the desktop. AIR allows developers to use familiar tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver® CS3, Flex Builder™ 3, Flash CS3 Professional, or any text editor to build their applications and easily deliver a single application installer that works across operating systems.

How more cloyingly Market-speak can it get?
'rich Internet applications' via some *#*#%^#@ runtime sounds like beast.NET; dunno the size of this thing, or IF it can be REMOVED in-toto after it spews stuff, should I update 9.x at all.

Prefer not to crap up this iMac install with more marketing balls-of-fluff by companies seeking another monopoly in indispensable bloatware.

Anybody allowed this sucker IN?
(And did Uninstall WORK, actually?)

New They're trying to make Flash a "Platform"
I don't know the details, but they're having a battle with Microsoft (and others) about the future of "rich" content distribution on the web.

http://en.wikipedia....ernet_application

Normally, I'd say don't worry, but I have had trouble uninstalling some Adobe stuff.

Have you tried VLC? (There's a Win32 and a OS X version in the Care package I sent.) Some of its capabilities are listed here: http://www.videolan....vlc/features.html

If it's not just a video clip, and you need to view it, then you'll probably eventually have to bite the bullet and install whatever Adobe wants to put on your box.

HTH a bit. Hang in there. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks --
Not been to USPS for a couple days; will try VLC.. and it's open source, yet!
Let Adobe simmer in inattention for a time.

Have yet to grok to fullness the codec game: who writes them, why so many -- who profits from same / how DRM is folded in, etc. (Life too short..)

Any group that can have their DEVDays in Paris! be my kinda guys n'gals.
(And any of those who spend their whole time with a keyboard, There: not-so-much.)

Thanks for including.. 18 MB (ouch)
Ya gets 4 GB of RAM and everything gets Bigger again!
(Looking forward to the alleged streamlined Snow Leopard; imagine ... anticipating an OS Upgrade, without well-justified trepidation!) A first, por moi.

Just hooked up a *second monitor, thanks to neighbors suitable DVI --> analog dongle. Now getting accustomed to : it just Works. Cute, mousing across the æther and back to another box!
Now since the mon. has normal-size DVI input too: need an Apple-size --> Normal-DVI cable or adaptor, too. OK I see the miniaturization fetish, for the nbs. Time to google for OEM adaptors. I see there's even a Color Calibrator App.

Hmmm 5 more monitors and I can emulate the gadgetry Rand linked to: a Control Room, but with scopes too! maybe not.

* and I noticed that, with both monitors making work for video card: a few °F temp rise on the 'GPU Diode' ensues. As one might expect. {cackle}
New Re: wtf is Adobe 'AIR' ??
Okay... you bought a MAC with OSX on it.

Ummm, its *THE* "GOOEY" OS of choice.

Just install the dang thing and move on.

You are still applying your distaste for Microsoft that you only recently fixed. (after years of bearing that burden, though you could have moved on long before you did).

Cheers. No hard feelings. I've given up on OSX being non-touchy-feely and it doing everything with the artisan in mind.
New Nahh; 'sabout bad rep of Adobe.. ~~ a Believer now ;^>
     wtf is Adobe 'AIR' ?? - (Ashton) - (4)
         They're trying to make Flash a "Platform" - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks -- - (Ashton)
         Re: wtf is Adobe 'AIR' ?? - (folkert) - (1)
             Nahh; 'sabout bad rep of Adobe.. ~~ a Believer now ;^> -NT - (Ashton)

is there more coffee... can I have another cup... you wanna cup I can make some more... I have alot... I mean I have this pot here... but its almost gone and its been sitting there for 10 minutes anyway... I should make more... did I ask if you needed coffee??? do you??? need coffee I mean...
63 ms