in pantomime, of Why it is that: making shoddy crap is Patriotic!
(as defined by the same Muricans as idolize The Donald and every other limpet on the neck of honest transactions.)

If Patriotism means: support the slackers and conmen who parlay crappy design at the mfg. level into a lifetime sinecure. Speaking bafflegab to non-techno users, because you Can make more re-fixing is cowards' play , VS say? sending them to aaxnet et al for a dose of plain-talk about their addictions / the annual cost in aggravation and faux-repairs.

Variation on?
The Maytag Repairman.. alone, shunned ... his stuff is just Made Too Well!
(What were they thinking of, in that self-parody of Our System?)

Yeah, I'll send a couple bucks too -- Linux evangelism with Installs where-the-mouth is ++ an ad for stuffed animals 'roaming free!' (which just might evoke a few seconds pondering about a whole lot of Real animals..) Maybe even: about chickens with sharpened spurs attached? violently mistreated dogs set at each other, lest beaten harder -- also for fun & profit. OK maybe a stretch, but a recurrent realization in this particular jelloware.

(I thought that most LUGs still had Install days, though HeliOS obviously carries-through with getting machines to those who need them, before they realize: they do.)

Thanks.. a keeper (sent along.)

Offhand, I'd think that most techno companies *still* would spare a few minutes to show any 'I'nterested kid around, for all reasons not needing explication. Get Them Hooked on 'thinking' early-as-possible!
As in,

When I was 14ish, I dropped into Stuart Oxygen Co. Don't recall how I found them, prolly yellow pages for S.F. I'd found out about 'isotopes', specifically Deuterium. Also knew that such gas plants often had a sideline re D-2, what with all the electrolysis happening. They pointed me to lab, their chemist. Got a half-hour or so tour + chat; left with a small bottle of almost-pure D20 (no superscripts in TextEdit? Bad Apple.)
Maybe ~ 90+% -- enough to demonstrate the physical differences with vanilla-HOH, whereas their 99.x% product was big bucks.

'Software' philosophy -- only a little different from isotopes; Thinking needed.

Why aren't kids traipsing into lots of 'companies' (big and small) -all unannounced- and giving them a chance to act like Adults, for a few minutes of company-time? Still.. Can't believe that ALL kids have ceased to venture out and try to find-out stuff (even with all the mindless consciousness-lowering distractions, now multi-tasked to absurdity -- also courtesy of Big Techno marketing / for Profit.)

The US needs to Grow Up. Or die, and let some other less-toxic culture play less-stupid games with their kids' heads.