IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It arrived in one piece. :-)
UPS didn't beat up the box, but I did have to wait quite a while at their location to pick it up. They thought it was still on the truck for quite a while... :-/

B&H shipped it in the original carton, with some extra security tape around it. It has a handle so it's easy to carry.

Setup was simple: 4 screws to attach the base, plug in the cord (attaching a ferrite noise suppressor), plug in the cable, and put batteries in the remote (the ones that came with it were dead). It took quite a while for it to search for all the channels in auto mode, and then it automatically removes scrambled channels. It shows the QAM and NTSC (and Antenna) channels all together (in groups) by default, so it can take a while to cycle through all of them. I haven't studied how to delete the ones we don't want yet.

I haven't noticed any stuck or dead pixels, but haven't looked for them yet, either.

HD cable channels look great, but a little too sharp for my taste on the default settings. SD cable channels vary widely in how good they look. Presumably some adjustment of the settings will help, but SD does not look as good as on a tube set (I think this is universal for all HD sets).

The sound is plenty loud at 25% of full scale in our bedroom. There's a little bit of a warm plastic smell as it burns-in. I expect that will go away in the next few hours.

We're still debating whether we're going to mount it on the wall arm. I want to, J is dubious.

We don't have an up-converting DVD player yet, so that's next on the list. And I need to look into replacing the cable box with an HD one...

So far, I'm happy. I hope it lasts 5-10 years. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Im terribly confused at you all
I have 52 inch TV in the living room
largish cant remember plasma in the basement. Each of the 2 remaining kids have at least a 20 inch Tv in their room with a spare 21 in the latest leftlings room. VCR and DVD's for each, in the bedroom I have one bed, ny back cant share, a thin futon mattress my back can live with and for noise an alarm. Dont You people have a place to SLEEP!
Expand Edited by boxley Feb. 26, 2009, 10:52:40 PM EST
New :-)
New Bothered moi when my printer arrived in Marketing-graphics
box, too. Causes a merely normally-paranoid person to ponder --

A) An invitation to steal it? You KNOW exactly what's inside.

B) An excuse to see how many Gs it can take / aka sour grapes ...
(You can do that without much marring the box; stay away from the corners)
-- for the POS hP Junkmaster throw-away, on the dock unloader's Home-(sabotaged)-Vista OEM-version.

Ya gets ta THROW something rilly >>>| Hard!!

(Just because.. *you* suckered-Self into another impulsive Buy-Me!/Buy-Me! round of irritating, daily-infected crapware + that cheezy h/ware Bargain.)

Hey.. I've met people with this perpetual irrationale!

Doing my part to stimulate the economy. - (Another Scott) - (11)
         Nice - (Bman)
         I have a 32" Regza. I like it a lot. - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Do your research - (crazy) - (3)
                 Thanks for the heads up - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Possibly - (beepster) - (1)
                         Thanks for the example - (crazy)
         Ack. Had to order a 200x200 VESA adapter plate. - (Another Scott)
         It arrived in one piece. :-) - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Im terribly confused at you all - (boxley) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Bothered moi when my printer arrived in Marketing-graphics - (Ashton)

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
233 ms