IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, something like that.
It picks up Netscape bookmarks unless you have prior Mozilla install. You lose your Netscape history so the visited links will look like they were never visited. Not a problem for IWeThey posts, of course, since that is maintained by the site. The LRPD knows!

The only thing I don't care for is that the cache does not preserve the file extension (e.g. *.jpg) of the file as found at web site.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
New Heh.. Providence ;-)
A friend who Likes to play with stuff generally.. sent me an e-mail saying, "can you spot the source of this message?"
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:0.9.8)
Gecko/20020204
So I get to preview the deed before yanking out the remnants of 4.5 - presumably not a bad idea for the glass-fragile, ever so-easily confused &^$#@ Registry. (Natch save the bmarks, MAIL folders).

Might's well save the download and do it by CD too :-)
(Some of us lazy folk have no shame; none left at all..)

Thanks again for pointer, though.. after seeing the screen shots (Linux forum) of what non-toy software is now up to - I'll be ready to switch when, via microphone I can say to Mr. Distro:

Gort! Show me a kewl desktop.. maybe in brownish shades, a bit of orange.. Let's have the weather by that neat icon showing the lightning striking Redmond. Yes - yellows are OK.

OK now a bit more Art Deco, but hold the Skinz stuff.. Er, fix up those font artifacts too. Yeah, Lucinda's an OK font right there. Put the error messages in Gothic though. Play a few bars of the Chopin funeral piece - 2nd movement and flash the screen twice.

Tell me how big ya made the boot partition - ya hear?

Set up my $50 throwaway Canon 1000 next - er, that's a printer.

Ready to feed ya the ISP stuff - say when. Meanwhile play me some Glenn Gould - maybe Partita #6; it's in the DVD tray.

That's fine for a start. Document this all - and Ghost it: tell me whatcha need in the drives.

Yer a Prince! Gort.."

Y'know? I mean.. WTF - IBM's spent billions on voice recognition, so what are we waiting for?

Ashton
Not a Luddite - it's *THEM* what don't grok how homo-saps insist upon operating... Wake me when it's ready :-\ufffd
New Re: Heh.. Providence ;-)
Goodness, I totally forgot about email. I don't use the integrated mail handlers, I use Eudora.

You know Netscape and Mozilla will coexist, so you can try out Mozilla w/o too much grief. All it takes is space on your disk. Each browser may want to become the primary browser but they are polite enough to ask for permission.
Alex

"Of course, you realize this means war." -B. Bunny
     Please critique this parable. - (inthane-chan) - (20)
         Consider how your parable might be taken. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Well, you found the one spelling error. :) - (inthane-chan)
             Education who, now? - (marlowe)
         I don't know rightly how to critique -NT - (wharris2)
         well I used the feedback form to point out the error - (boxley)
         he's a touchy fellow isnt he? - (boxley) - (14)
             Strange... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Enjoyed? That's what he TOLD YOU... Just wait til grade time -NT - (CRConrad)
             Own consumption? - (wharris2)
             Here's a followup... - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                 Ummm.. which Mozilla, this week? - (Ashton) - (6)
                     I've been using . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Mozilla 0.98 for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Thanks.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Yep, something like that. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 Heh.. Providence ;-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Re: Heh.. Providence ;-) - (a6l6e6x)
                 hmm wondered if my mention of mozz did anything :) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Probably PO'ed him... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         And for those who are familiar? - (ben_tilly)

Houston, we have a problem.
72 ms