IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Consider how your parable might be taken.
Hi,

Interesting parable. But there are some spelling errors - e.g. droven.

You need to think about the way your parable might conceivably be taken. If you release it to your classmates, you should assume it'll get back to your teacher. Does that concern you? Do you need a grade or a recommendation from him in the future? Is there anything to be gained by ridiculing your teacher?

If your intent is to show how stupid your teacher is, I'd suggest not doing that. Little good can come from it.

If your intent is to educate him or your class about the fact that the site works fine with other browsers, then I'd suggest letting him know. Discuss with him and them know about the UserAgent field, etc. And you might let him and them know your opinions about the value of having a site that can be read by a wide variety of browsers - i.e. you shouldn't ever intentionally drive away users from a web site if you want to build business.

Another take on MS's monopoly was written by Robert Reich. You might find his fable useful too. [link|http://www.prospect.org/webfeatures/2001/07/reich-r-07-02.html|Here].

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well, you found the one spelling error. :)
At least, according to the spellchecker here - I wrote it on notepad on the school computer. I didn't see any others.

I do intend to share this with the teacher - it is meant to educate, not to ridicule. The comment about that idiot was just for here. :) I'll forward that article as well.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Education who, now?
Forget the teacher. He doesn't want to know. And what he doesn't know won't hurt you.

Educate the class, of course. There may be some non-idiots among them. But be discreet. Anonymous, even, if you can figure out how. Say, print out a screenshot of the page working in some other browser, and leave it where some students will likely find it before the teacher notices.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Sometimes "tolerance" is just a word for not dealing with things.
     Please critique this parable. - (inthane-chan) - (20)
         Consider how your parable might be taken. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Well, you found the one spelling error. :) - (inthane-chan)
             Education who, now? - (marlowe)
         I don't know rightly how to critique -NT - (wharris2)
         well I used the feedback form to point out the error - (boxley)
         he's a touchy fellow isnt he? - (boxley) - (14)
             Strange... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                 Enjoyed? That's what he TOLD YOU... Just wait til grade time -NT - (CRConrad)
             Own consumption? - (wharris2)
             Here's a followup... - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                 Ummm.. which Mozilla, this week? - (Ashton) - (6)
                     I've been using . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Mozilla 0.98 for Win9x/ME/NT/2000/XP - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                         Thanks.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                             Yep, something like that. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                 Heh.. Providence ;-) - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Re: Heh.. Providence ;-) - (a6l6e6x)
                 hmm wondered if my mention of mozz did anything :) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Probably PO'ed him... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         And for those who are familiar? - (ben_tilly)

IANK.
52 ms