IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Those are the ones
I was looking at...it occurred to me that blending/averaging the data from those 5 models might give a more accurate picture.

But I suppose there are so many variables that even the slightest variation can change the course of the storm.
Smile,
Amy
New You'll like this article.
[link|http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=753&tstamp=200708|Wunderblog]:

We're fairly confident of the 1-2 day forecast, which has Dean headed west to west-northwest over the Central Caribbean, very close to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, then into the Western Caribbean. After that, things become murkier. The latest 12Z runs of the NOGAPS, UKMET, GFS, and HWRF computer models all show Dean hitting the Yucatan Peninsula, and continuing on into the Gulf of Mexico towards a second landfall near or south of the Texas border. The HWRF run is slower, and does not take Dean to the coast at the end of its forecast period. The big outlier is the GFDL model, which now takes Dean northwest into central Louisiana. Which model is correct? The problem is that each model has a different solution for the behavior of an upper-level low pressure system expected to be over the Gulf of Mexico early next week. Which model should we trust?

[...]

Cheers,
Scott.
New Scott, You totally rock
That's what I was looking for.

Thanks!
Smile,
Amy
New Be happy not to be in Jamaica
It isn't looking pretty. Likely (near definite) to hit Cat5 with sustained 150+ winds right before a head on pass.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     You folks in Texas - Keep an eye on Dean. (39 kB img) - (Another Scott) - (11)
         All you down Houston way... - (imqwerky)
         reply to edit - (imqwerky) - (2)
             :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
             First thing I thought of was beer! -NT - (jbrabeck)
         In the national spirit of, Next Quarter - - (Ashton)
         Just a thought - (imqwerky) - (5)
             Here ya go. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Those are the ones - (imqwerky) - (3)
                     You'll like this article. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Scott, You totally rock - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Be happy not to be in Jamaica - (bepatient)

And now you see that Evil will always win, because Good is stupid.
122 ms