IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Weather
Yesterday I posted about my car problems...

Last night I towed the car in. By the time I was heading home, I was driving in a torrential rain. Finally pulled off to wait out the storm. Good thing I did. When I got home, 3 trees were down. A metal utility trailer was 100' from where I had it parked. One of the plastic deck chairs was 250' away. Couldn't find the compost bins (on almost full!). Flashing on garage is half off, couple of shingles missing. This is all that I could see with a flashlight at 5:00 this morning. I'll view the full results tonight when I get home. Oh, and as a side note, power has been off since 10 p.m. (no A/C, no lights, no computer, no refrigerator, but most important, no water - I have a private well).
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Well, you're just full of good news. :(
Damn, but you're getting more than your share of bad luck!

[edit] original had eyes on my chin.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Aug. 14, 2007, 10:12:44 AM EDT
New Who believes in threes?
Maybe I shouldn't mention that...

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New Had to recheck my post
threes =! trees. Thought at first I had a typical typo.

But now I realize you put the curse on me... Threes... What's next? :-O
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Prayer Request Time (new thread)
Created as new thread #292199 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=292199|Prayer Request Time]
New Ouch. :-(
It's a good thing you're getting all these bad things out of the way. Things will be great soon, eh?

Hang in there!

Cheers,
Scott.
New You may need to make your peace with
Cthulhu.. but, as a conditional-Believer in 'probability' - I second the notion that your Dues are likely paid for a spell ... well, until whatever weirdness occurs in Nov. 2008 (when we might All get reamed, Big Time, by that Fickle Finger thing.)

Water is such a Lovely thing {sigh} - in its place and not moving around too fast.

New Could be worse...
could be raining...um, nevermind :)

Well, as they say in Spamalot, "Always look on the Bright Side of Life!"

Glad you are still in one piece.
Smile,
Amy
New Wow, I'm honored.
Welcome back to the fold, Amy. We've missed you!
New Thanks
Gosh, yall make me feel like Dolly Levy :)

and I'm loving it!
Smile,
Amy
New Storm pics
Here are some pics from the local newpaper.

[link|http://www.newrichmond-news.com/photography/includes/gallery.cfm?id=79|New Richmond News]

Just up the road from me...
New That's a lot of trees downed. :-(
New Had to check on my neighbor Tuesday night
Got home from work and saw his driveway criscrossed with downed trees. Couldn't get near the house so got the atv and went over. He was fine, but said that he had 22 downed/damaged trees on his property (but no damage to the house). The trees in his driveway were a good 2-3 foot in diameter. Some that he had planted when he moved in, 30+ years ago. Worst storm he has ever seen.

Trees were uprooted. Trees were snapped off. And some were split down the middle (lightning strikes?)

Last night (Wed) his driveway was clear... I'm assuming that he knows somebody with heavy duty equipment. He has asthma, emphysema, and heart problems. No way he did that himself.
New Got Wood?
No, I'm not being nasty, I'm suggesting that since the trees are of sentimental value, perhaps your neighbor might think about making furniture out of the wood.

Lemons=Lemonade
Wood=Furniture

Just a suggestion to help deal with the heartache. I remember how sick to the stomach we felt after the 1974 tornado in Louisville. You try to find solace wherever you can.

Smile,
Amy
New Since the area has a number of lumber mills
and seeing how fast the downed trees are disappearing, me thinks that the trees to lumber magic is being done.

My little ol' 3-4" (not 3/4") trees are not worth anything, except firewood.

chainsaws 'r us
     Weather - (jbrabeck) - (14)
         Well, you're just full of good news. :( - (a6l6e6x)
         Who believes in threes? - (static) - (2)
             Had to recheck my post - (jbrabeck)
             Prayer Request Time (new thread) - (jbrabeck)
         Ouch. :-( - (Another Scott)
         You may need to make your peace with - (Ashton)
         Could be worse... - (imqwerky) - (2)
             Wow, I'm honored. - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 Thanks - (imqwerky)
         Storm pics - (jbrabeck) - (4)
             That's a lot of trees downed. :-( -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Had to check on my neighbor Tuesday night - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                     Got Wood? - (imqwerky) - (1)
                         Since the area has a number of lumber mills - (jbrabeck)

You are the antipost.
68 ms