IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I didn't know that!
I thought that US emergency treatment was free for those who couldn't pay. It turns out that free means being chased by debt collection agencies. Not only does the healthcare system fail to catch people who are falling, it kicks them when they're down.

I'm in awe! I don't think I could imagine such institutionalized cruelty in a modern democracy without riots. Yet people accept this. In the US, of all places. I think this is the key to understanding US culture. When you understand why the US healthcare system exists, you understand US culture.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New thats why you empty your pockets and dont use yer own name
when you show up to the emergency room. Hounded by bill collectors is cruel? Ive been hounded by the best, tell em to fuck off, Im gonna eat before I pay bills. If you really want to fuck with them, send them $5 every 30 days, all they can do is wail.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New One word: Garnishment.
[link|http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/t-14467.html|Help! They garnished my checking account!] And paying [link|http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/small-claims/medical-garnishment-33451.html|$10/month didn't help.]. Often people have little choice in how much they pay toward their medical bills.

Showing up without ID might work in an emergency situation like being bitten by a spider, ;-), but it won't do any good for treatment of chronic conditions - the situations where most of the expense lies.

Cheers,
Scott.
New you cant get garnished without a judgement
you cant get a judgement if someone is paying $5 a month towards the bill.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Not so. See 2nd link above.
New Its obvious they got a default judgement against her
she didnt go to court to defend. You cant garnish without a judgement. You cant get a judgement if you are paying the bill.
thanx,
bill

On medical bankruptcies. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         you dont need health insurance reform, you need unions - (boxley)
         I didn't know that! - (warmachine) - (5)
             thats why you empty your pockets and dont use yer own name - (boxley) - (4)
                 One word: Garnishment. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     you cant get garnished without a judgement - (boxley) - (2)
                         Not so. See 2nd link above. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Its obvious they got a default judgement against her - (boxley)
         Congressional hearings aren't about finding good solutions - (tonytib)

HOWLING WOLVES OF CALUMNIATION!
60 ms