IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New cnn wafts an sbd in michael moores direction
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/15/moore.gupta/index.html|http://www.cnn.com/2....gupta/index.html] as Moore has done with all of his movies, he very subjectively presents data.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New B.S.
Nice troll, though. Really. Almost had me.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
New you disagree with the facts as outlined by cnn?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New I don't let them take my eye off the ball.
bcnu,
Mikem

New What ball is that?
The one where Moore is out practicing his evil capitalist agenda of building media frenzy for his movie?

Never mind, its ok for >him< to do that.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Always the apologist for Murican Bizness.
You are nothing if not predictable. See post below for a *clue*.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Interesting
Moore is operating like a big american bizness. I wasn't apologizing for him.

Who needs the clue?

I didn't say anything at all about the film or its content, nor did I say anything of insurance companies or maintaining any sort of status quo.

In fact, in recent posts I have stated simply that to reform the system would take a complete destruction of the current system, and that includes insurances, both private and government run.

Its simply easier to knee-jerk to me, I know.
New That's probably because he was just "operating" like one.
He'd have to actually *be* one for you to deploy your apologetics on his behalf.

Still you, it seems.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Ah....take bug
insert firmly up....

never mind....

Nicely done without reading thread for content

You should be proud of yourself.
New What facts?
Just a bunch of nit-picking

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New I thought the big disagreement was cnn lying about
Moores Movie. They take Moores letter to THEM and respond point by point. Why is that nit picking?
thanx,
bill

New Nitpicking
Example: Moore got the figure of $251 per capita for Cuban health spending from the BBC
He got his US figure from a US gov. report
CNN wants to know why he didn't use the (lower) BBC figure

the US doesn't publish Cuban statistics but it does publish its own
if you were a student doing a thesis or paper, you would be explected to use the official stats when possible but CNN wants to whine about the numbers

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New Read Moore's site
[link|http://www.michaelmoore.com/|here] then come back and discuss which side is whining.

Moore is acting like a spoiled child.
New you do know how to compare apples and oranges dont you?
use the numbers from the same report and year or try to bamboozle your point. Moore did the same thing running around congress asking why their kids wernt in Iraq. When one congressman stated where in Iraq his son was stationed that never made it into the movie. Wonder why? His movies are thought provoking entertainment/fuckyudramas not freakin documentaries.
thanx,
bill

New That was the trap, yes.
Moore's reaction, of course, is understandable. The Corporate owned news media in this country does not serve the public - it serves its shareholders (and their apologists/evangelists like, er, ... well, you know). So what are even WE discussing now? Oh yes, irrelevant information. Swell. CNN wins.
bcnu,
Mikem

New That was a troll?
A link to a direct rebuttal?

Gotta review my definitions.
New Clue: CNN's "argument" is meaningless.
But, it's a lot nicer to nit-pick irrelevant information than it is to criticize private insurance companies, isn't it? I mean, hand-waving rantings about a Leftie are so much more relevant than - gasp - criticizing Murican bizness. The troll comment was that CNN (and box through his post) want the argument to be over the irrelevant crap. That's what CNN's shareholders want them to do - deflect attention from the real problem: corporate Murica.
bcnu,
Mikem

New whaju smokin? I want some
Moore complained they lied about the facts in his movie. CNN rebutted. It was fork all about america bidness.
thanx,
bill

New Except that they did indeed lie. HTH!
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New Not according to them
and actually the error they made appears to be in favor of Moore, understating the per capita spending of Cuba.
New Typ: 3rd-digit 'errata' in context where the numbers are
neither remotely verifiable (to even TWO DECIMAL PLACES), nor could a table of all the mere-numbers remotely address the SITUATION: here, merely being limned as is the case in the telling of all Epic-sized Stories. We have l a n g u a g e for bringing numbers into line with r e a s o n. Duh.

Wanna hear it twice?
No set of numbers on any spreadsheet: could EVER illuminate the dimension of the problems / nor more than hint-at any 'solution'. Picking lint out of the deck chairs on the Titanic - is that still the MBA curriculum: total silence re determining the appropriateness and inappropriateness of crunching pure numbers?

You want, as always a bloodless == dimensionless 'IQ' number to 'settle' things (to that absurd '3 decimal places') - as in, {sheesh} If that's this bizarre 'Libbert-aryanism' thing inAction -??- little wonder those cell meetings are held in Gated Compounds. (But are the locks on the inside or outside?)

My 5" K&E Log-log Decitrig sliderule says:
that's about 3.14159% of a full deck being played, in this inane thread.

New You could try
posting on the topic.

Novel concept.

New you missed his point, when michael moore sits
on a toilet the bowl is lighted by the son cha cha cha
thanx,
bill

New light can get past that?
we need to get drl back to explain those physics!
New They claimed HE had made a HUGE such error, when he hadn't.
If that's your definition of "in favor of Moore", I guess he's better off with you arguing *against* him, yes...

If only you could do it a *little* less dishonestly, please.

Thank you.

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New Isn't his point
that some many more do so much more for so much less?

And its now your point that this discussion cannot even be had without me being pro-business for thinking that Moore is being a whiny ass about all this?

Dismissed.

cnn wafts an sbd in michael moores direction - (boxley) - (25)
         B.S. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
             you disagree with the facts as outlined by cnn? -NT - (boxley) - (12)
                 I don't let them take my eye off the ball. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     What ball is that? - (bepatient) - (4)
                         Always the apologist for Murican Bizness. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             Interesting - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 That's probably because he was just "operating" like one. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Ah....take bug - (bepatient)
                 What facts? - (andread) - (5)
                     I thought the big disagreement was cnn lying about - (boxley) - (4)
                         Nitpicking - (andread) - (2)
                             Read Moore's site - (bepatient)
                             you do know how to compare apples and oranges dont you? - (boxley)
                         That was the trap, yes. - (mmoffitt)
             That was a troll? - (bepatient) - (10)
                 Clue: CNN's "argument" is meaningless. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     whaju smokin? I want some - (boxley) - (8)
                         Except that they did indeed lie. HTH! -NT - (Silverlock) - (7)
                             Not according to them - (bepatient) - (6)
                                 Typ: 3rd-digit 'errata' in context where the numbers are - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     You could try - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         you missed his point, when michael moore sits - (boxley) - (1)
                                             light can get past that? - (bepatient)
                                 They claimed HE had made a HUGE such error, when he hadn't. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     Isn't his point - (bepatient)

Good evening, Mr. Gates. I'll be your server tonight.
118 ms