IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Zero Tolerance policy
I hate employers that have them, because they usually use them to get rid of people and play favortism by letting some get away with it, and nailing others on boarderline offenses.

My current employer has a ZT policy against personal phone calls and personal email. If a recruiter calls me at work, I am automatically escourted by security out the door. They record all phone calls being a help desk and have cameras everywhere, even in the bathrooms and showers (for when people work three shifts in a row and need to refresh). All I can do so far is use email, at home, and contact employers that way. If they call me, I am usually at work, and won't get home until late at night. The only time I do have is early in the morning, but most recuiters usually call after lunch for some odd reason?

I didn't say I couldn't search for a job while at this one, just that my hours for doing so are reduced. I would do better if I could call someone back 15 minutes after they called me, and not 8 hours or so later or the next day, etc. I called one the next day, and they said it was too late and they already have enough canidates to interview for the job.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Cell Phone?
If you don't already have one, get a cell phone with voice mail. Keep the phone at work(turned off if need be) and return calls during lunch or breaks.

Darrell Spice, Jr.

[link|http://home.houston.rr.com/spiceware/|SpiceWare] - We don't do Windows, it's too much of a chore

New I had one
and I got rid of it to cut back on expenses. No cell phone is to be turned on in the building, even at breaks. Best I could do is what I did at my former employer and return calls at lunch outside of the building. The only way the employer would know if I was calling about jobs was if someone followed me to lunch and scanned my cell phone? That was the only way I called recruiters back, and had a message on my voice mail for recruiters to call me at home or on my cell phone if they needed to talk to me. Despite taking these safeguards, my employer still accused me of taking personal calls at work about jobs. Which I think my coworkers had made up, or they had a private investigator follow me to lunch with a cell phone scanner or something?

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     Should I stay or should I go now? - (nking) - (18)
         You don't want to be homeless - (Meerkat)
         It matters a lot, who you take your major clues from. - (Ashton)
         It is not a conflict of interest and on depression - (boxley) - (1)
             Alergic to seafood somewhat - (nking)
         Norman, I've been there. - (Silverlock) - (6)
             I do not want to be homeless - (nking) - (5)
                 Work is important. - (imric) - (3)
                     Zero Tolerance policy - (nking) - (2)
                         Cell Phone? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                             I had one - (nking)
                 What's the house payment per month compared to apartments? -NT - (tseliot)
         Some Thoughts - (gdaustin) - (3)
             More Thoughts - (gdaustin)
             I am in STL - (nking) - (1)
                 pocket pool helps me -NT - (boxley)
         Don't leave until you have something better. - (Another Scott)
         I say finish the training first - (marlowe) - (1)
             Friday is out last day - (nking)

Don't touch that button!
47 ms