IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Multiculturalism vs Women's Rights
[link|http://comment.independent.co.uk/columnists_a_l/johann_hari/article2496657.ece|http://comment.indep...rticle2496657.ece]

Do you believe in the rights of women, or do you believe in multiculturalism? A series of verdicts in the German courts in the past month, have shown with hot, hard logic that you can't back both. You have to choose.

The crux case centres on a woman called Nishal, a 26-year-old Moroccan immigrant to Germany with two kids and a psychotic husband. Since their wedding night, this husband beat the hell out of her. She crawled to the police covered in wounds, and they ordered the husband to stay away from her. He refused. He terrorised her with death threats.

So Nishal went to the courts to request an early divorce, hoping that once they were no longer married he would leave her alone. A judge who believed in the rights of women would find it very easy to make a judgement: you're free from this man, case dismissed.

But Judge Christa Datz-Winter followed the logic of multiculturalism instead. She said she would not grant an early divorce because - despite the police documentation of extreme violence and continued threats - there was no "unreasonable hardship" here.

Why? Because the woman, as a Muslim, should have "expected" it, the judge explained. She read out passages from the Koran to show that Muslim husbands have the "right to use corporal punishment". Look at Sura 4, verse 34, she said to Nishal, where the Koran says he can hammer you. That's your culture. Goodbye, and enjoy your beatings.
--------------
I don't suppose she could renounce her religion to get the divorce?

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:58:32 AM EDT
New Can't escape the religion
If she renounces her religion, that makes her an apostate and she must be killed. However, the husband can't bring himself to kill the woman he loves and will just beat her instead. Even if she does divorce him.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
Expand Edited by warmachine April 30, 2007, 05:23:16 AM EDT
New how come I get jumped by CRC for posting the same story?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New I'm being somewhat facetious.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Recommended scripture / antidote: 'Small Gods'
Should the Gideon people start distributing the works of T.P. worldwide - we'd save millions of heaped-dead-burned Righteous bodies, both victims and perps (and retaliators re both) in the first decade.

And, with sex taken out of the control of the warped libidos of the Cloaked class - and sanctimoniousness erased (due to the laughter evoked by further attempts to peddle Fear for a Fee) - why,

we could make up for the increased planetary burden of those extra lives spared.
Recreational safe sex just might beat Malthus, once every population reduction plan is freed from the gantlet of pious pecksniffs,
(each with His poisonally-revealed Rulez for managing all the Hers)
and the other mischiefs of the anthropomorphic godhead fabricators.

(Once you see how 3 card Monte works, well - you're supposed to be smarter. Hmmm - there's the Achilles' heel.)

Hey, whatever anyone thinks of a jillion hand-crafted alternatives - get these Death/philosophies off the planetary agenda and *just Maybe* the nukes won't come out, next. Otherwise: I give 'us' til ~2015; 2020 tops. It's just too easy to do techno seppuku now and the number of the sex-starved/crazed goes up as more and more Funda- Mentalists tighten the screws on the superstitious - raise the ante of post-mortem deflowerings allowed - with the stroke of a priestly irade.

New Horrific example

The judge's ruling makes no sense from a "multicultural" perspective -- from that POV the judge is forcing (an alleged bit of) culture on someone who does not wish it.

\r\n\r\n

There are big problems with moral relativism, but there are idiots everywhere. The two should not be confused.

--\r\nYou cooin' with my bird?
New The Judge was wrong
She went to law enforcement and went to Court. It is evident to anyone at that point that she did NOT have an expectation of those beatings...regardless of what some book said.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Multiculturalism vs Women's Rights - (tuberculosis) - (6)
         Can't escape the religion - (warmachine) - (2)
             how come I get jumped by CRC for posting the same story? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I'm being somewhat facetious. -NT - (warmachine)
         Recommended scripture / antidote: 'Small Gods' - (Ashton)
         Horrific example - (ubernostrum)
         The Judge was wrong - (bepatient)

You signed the Memo of Understanding...!
104 ms