Tim Horton's is a doughnut joint that serves decent coffee plus lunchish items like soups and sandwiches. They're all over the place here. Swiss Chalet is a chicken joint. It's okay but I prefer the Quebec based St. Hubert's which has sadly disappearred in Toronto. Harvey's is a burger joint owned by the same people who run Swiss Chalet. Of the big burger places they are the best easily trouncing McD's and BK. Lick's is even better but don't have the market presence to be considered in the big burger category.

While PP is perfectly okay, I prefer Pizza Nova. Mamma's Pizza is good too. Stay away from 2-4-1 Pizza. Would you actually believe we had a 3-4-1 Pizza up here for a while? Yeah you can imagine the quality. Gross. Those are the corporate chain stores. Another odd place is Mystery Pizza & Chicken. Never tried it because I don't want to know what the mystery is.

If you want something from a smaller place that's a little more authentic and higher quality look for a Terroni's.

Of course this just applies to Toronto. What's available beyond the Centre of the Universe doesn't matter. :-)