IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Did you ever try out a Mazda6i?
Just asking, since that's one of the vehicles still in the running for replacing my wife's current chariot.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Have driven the 6 several times
very nice car. The 6cyl is very peppy. The 4 is a bit underpowered by Mazda standard...but equal to most in class.

Another surprising vehicle in that class is the new Hyundai Sonata. It is the first Hyundai with a good powerplant...and it handles surprisingly well.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New 99% usage will be local stop and go driving
so a V6 will be passed over based upon MPG ratings: the 4 is 24/31 versus 20/27 for the 6.

Thanks for the opinion.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

New If I were buying now I'd seriously look at Mazda 6 hatchback
New I've driven the '6i' a few times
Though here it's just called the Mazda6. Mazda Australia has chosen not to give us the 6 cyl one for some reason :( We do get the MPS ('Speed 6') though.

In short, it's fun enough to drive, very comfortable, the hatch offers heaps of storage, it has airbags out the wazoo... so definitely one to consider.

Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Almost bought the 2000 Mazda6 i last night
Went to the dealer, test drove it one more time, then sat down to negotiate. Here's the skinny:

base price = $19,100

covenience package = $1,000
(contains)
-- perimeter alarm
-- 17' alloy wheels w/ 215/50R17 tires
-- 8 way power driver's seat

automatic trans = $900
front side curtain airbags = $500
rear spoiler = $325
autodim mirror w/ compass = $175
sport grill ("non-chrome") = $100
wheel locks = $40
cargo net = $40
delivery = $560
Total MSRP = $22,750

Mazda is offering $2500 cash back to the customer on any 2006 Mazda6 cars.
Tax is 6.25%, and don't forget title, license and other fees.

Dealer offered $20,500 out the door. He said "that's my last and final offer; I'm losing money on the deal!" Invoice price on the car as shown is $20,758. I told him I won't go above $19,999.

He said "forget it". So I did.
lincoln

New Well now you know.
Push point is higher than you want. Lots of other dealers.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Only 7 in this town
and almost all of them are down to their last 2 or 3 2006 vehicles.

Went to another dealer this morning. They had a 2006 i Sport 4 door hatchback on the lot, with most of the good stuff listed above as standards, not additional options. The only real option they had were the $40 wheel locks. However, that guy's MSRP was a little over $24K, with another $500 in dealer added options (pinstriping and window tinting). Best they could do on that was $21,500 OTD. That's $1K over last night's price, so we passed on it too.

Hitting a real close Toyota dealer tonight. Even though dealing with them sucks, I'll see what I can push for on a Camry. They suck big time because they generally add $1000 - $1500 in dealer added options (tint, pin stripe, fabric protection, paint sealer, etc.) However, sales manager on the phone says they can order one through Gulf States (distributor) without any add-ons if I can wait 2 - 3 weeks.

lincoln

Zoom Zoom Zoom - (bepatient) - (12)
         Cool! Sounds like a blast :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (3)
             I am looking forward to it! - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Yahoo - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Sounds like you had a great time. - (imqwerky)
         Did you ever try out a Mazda6i? - (lincoln) - (7)
             Have driven the 6 several times - (bepatient) - (1)
                 99% usage will be local stop and go driving - (lincoln)
             If I were buying now I'd seriously look at Mazda 6 hatchback -NT - (tonytib)
             I've driven the '6i' a few times - (Meerkat) - (3)
                 Almost bought the 2000 Mazda6 i last night - (lincoln) - (2)
                     Well now you know. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Only 7 in this town - (lincoln)

Hail Eris.
53 ms