IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yahoo
Driving to the event, overcast and threatening rain all day...but it largely held off at the track.

The event consisted of 4 "tracks".

One in the CX7 SUV was a target course...get the wheel exactly 12 inches from the cones in 7 locations and get 2 points. 1 pt for 6-18. I was 12 of 14...pretty good. Full points...but boring.

2 was a "match time" track. Get around in the exact time (30 sec) for a chance to win a bose wave. I was off by .4 and nowhere near winning..as the winner was 29.999. Oh well.

Now for the fun...the sport track let you pick RX8 or Miata to rip around a sport course. Not much chance to get beyond 3rd gear but ...DAMN...the RX8 can motor...did that course 3 times. No prizes..but you leave that course with a big smile on your face.

Last...and what I went for..was to drive the speed6. This was a timed course..tiny prizes awarded (I won a model car)...a little better prize for hourly low time...which I missed by .01 with a time of 41.019. Fasted of the day was sub 40...and since the mist had been in there was no way I was going to get there. Trying would have taken me through the cones...a big no no.

Did that track 4 times...best time was the 3rd though I think the last run would have been better. Problem...it was 5:45 and they were closing. The car ahead of me went sideways in the last corner and wiped the cones. Normally that would have earned me another shot (I think I'd have beat my time) but since it was over they pulled me in.

They say I'll have a pic to download from the site on Monday. If its there I'll post it.

Definitely fun to work out a car and not have to worry about killing it..since it belongs to someone else.

Serious fun though..
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Sounds like you had a great time.
If I ever get a chance to do that, damn the cones :)
Smile,
Amy

[link|http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Amy%20Rathman|Pics of the Family]
     Zoom Zoom Zoom - (bepatient) - (12)
         Cool! Sounds like a blast :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (3)
             I am looking forward to it! - (bepatient) - (2)
                 Yahoo - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Sounds like you had a great time. - (imqwerky)
         Did you ever try out a Mazda6i? - (lincoln) - (7)
             Have driven the 6 several times - (bepatient) - (1)
                 99% usage will be local stop and go driving - (lincoln)
             If I were buying now I'd seriously look at Mazda 6 hatchback -NT - (tonytib)
             I've driven the '6i' a few times - (Meerkat) - (3)
                 Almost bought the 2000 Mazda6 i last night - (lincoln) - (2)
                     Well now you know. - (bepatient) - (1)
                         Only 7 in this town - (lincoln)

But if you're not fond of offal, they're prolly not good.
37 ms