IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Are you sure it's the "God damn terrorists"?
Tony isn't above doing a do for his handler on this side of the pond. I'll just wait for the arraignments (they do have arraignments in Britland, don't they?) before I'll be convinced it was indeed "God damn terrorists".
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
New At this point,
I dont care who is behind all this or the politics. Not my job. My job right now is to support the panicked airline staff and passengers and provide "psychological first aid". We just got done dealing with a poor lady at JFK who is being told she cant take her daughter's cremated remains with her on the flight to bring them home to the UK.

Whether this was a real thwarted attempt or some political maneuver, it doesnt matter right now to me. It is effecting real people right now in very real ways and I have to deal with it.

New Now that's just stupid
I've showed up for flights before -- usually puddle-jumpers where this happens -- and they told me there was no more room for carry-ons. They threw a tag on my bag right at the door, gave me the stub, and I got on. Had the bag waiting for me when I got off.

If anyone had given a damn about customer relations, they would have offered to take the urn into the cockpit if they couldn't find another good place for it. All they have to do with "suspicious" materials is not give the passenger access to it while in flight. Maybe it's time to just put locks on the overhead bins.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New All of this is REALLY going to suck for families
With small kids.

"I want water!"
"Sorry, our bags are locked up. We have to wait for the beverage service."
<15 minutes after beverage service has concluded>
"I want water!"
"..."

"Whoops, Baby just crapped his pants again."
"Too bad I couldn't bring that suspicious package of wipes and diapers on board. I guess everyone will just have to sit and smell raw poop for the next 3 hours."

*Something* is going to have to give. There are basic biological necessities that can't be regulated away, no matter how scared everyone gets.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New They talk about permitting "sanitary needs"
Of course, what constitutes that is up to individual interpretation of the TSA weenie-in-charge of a particular facility, and you can expect wide variances as to what will constitute that from shift to shift at airport to airport until such time as the TSA is "trained" on the correct interpretation of that toothsome morsel..
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Expand Edited by jb4 Aug. 10, 2006, 02:06:18 PM EDT
New That will last until the first diaper-shaped bomb plan.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New ICLRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #264433 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=264433|ICLRPD]
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New Wipes and diapers are ok.
But...I imagine that wipes may be overzealously screened at some larger airports because they are moistened.

The all liquid ban will be modified once the TSA gets the time to modify the screenings to look for potential detonation methods (at least thats the latest I hear from TSA).
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New There are some things you simply DO NOT CHECK
Among those I include:

Guitars
Primary Laptop Computers
Parachutes (for recreational skydiving). This last item is particularly important as I won't jump something outside of a trusted chain of custody and airlines aren't in my trust chain for that.
Medication.

I expect cremated remains might fall into that league for some folks. (Me, I'd just FEDEX them).

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New Re: There are some things you simply DO NOT CHECK
Guitars.

I had a friend of mine fly to ABQ from SF, carrying along his brand new D-28. He knew to loosten the strings, but he checked it anyway.

Imagine his consternation when he open the case to show it off, stood it up, and watched helplessly as the head fell off the neck, connected now to the rest of the guitar by 6 flacid strings....

We were not amused!
jb4
New Strings are one thing
the metal bar through the neck is another entirely.

Todd is correct. Never, ever, check a guitar.
New Yeah, The head broke off right above the metal bar.
Consider this lesson learned, in spades, by all where were present.
jb4
New Well sure it's stupid
The confusion level is high and information is slow to disseminate. Frustation is high, patience is thin. Customer service agents are doing what they're told. They're not thinking or using common sense.

We did finally get the lady and the remains of her daughter on the flight but we had to go way up the chain to make this happen.

New Yes...we wouldn't want **thinking**, now would we?
jb4
New Yep
They have the guys, the plans and probably at least one working mock of the detonator.

(specific elimination of key-fobs should tell you something).

exit uk, nothing battery operated at all is allowed on board.

Way too specific to be a made-up issue.

New That makes me feel better....
certainly it was plausable...but I didn't want a repeat of the last home-grown terrorist that were caught.
     "Plot to Bomb Jets Is Thwarted in Britain" - (a6l6e6x) - (39)
         Sad comment from the AG though - (drewk) - (10)
             Cynic in me says that part has to do with Lieberman loss. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                 Here's an idea - (drewk) - (8)
                     Dumb one - (tuberculosis) - (7)
                         I agree with the need for food service - (drewk) - (3)
                             Where do you guys fly? - (jb4) - (2)
                                 Perverse reality - (drewk)
                                 Seattle and Denver recently - (tuberculosis)
                         Sorry to hear about your grandma, Todd - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Thx -NT - (tuberculosis)
                         How to allow food/drink on airplanes (new thread) - (drewk)
         One minor issue... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
             Diet Coke & Mentos? - (ChrisR) - (3)
                 I think it was plausible - (drewk) - (1)
                     Cool...a mint bomb! - (jb4)
                 Re: Diet Coke & Mentos? - (Simon_Jester)
         I agree! - (Nightowl)
         Am up to my eyeballs in this right now - (bionerd) - (16)
             Are you sure it's the "God damn terrorists"? - (jb4) - (15)
                 At this point, - (bionerd) - (12)
                     Now that's just stupid - (drewk) - (11)
                         All of this is REALLY going to suck for families - (admin) - (4)
                             They talk about permitting "sanitary needs" - (jb4) - (1)
                                 That will last until the first diaper-shaped bomb plan. -NT - (admin)
                             ICLRPD (new thread) - (drewk)
                             Wipes and diapers are ok. - (bepatient)
                         There are some things you simply DO NOT CHECK - (tuberculosis) - (3)
                             Re: There are some things you simply DO NOT CHECK - (jb4) - (2)
                                 Strings are one thing - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Yeah, The head broke off right above the metal bar. - (jb4)
                         Well sure it's stupid - (bionerd) - (1)
                             Yes...we wouldn't want **thinking**, now would we? -NT - (jb4)
                 Yep - (bepatient) - (1)
                     That makes me feel better.... - (Simon_Jester)
         I tol 'em and I tol 'em ... - (Ashton) - (4)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Escalation... - (hnick) - (2)
                 Hope she doesn't have to run for the plane - (bepatient) - (1)
                     That makes my chest hurt just thinking about that. -NT - (imqwerky)

Man, what a sad thing to be known for...
82 ms